| 39 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | The Labyrinth calls us once more

KNOCKING on the red door, Freyja stepped back towards the opposite wall as she waited for someone to answer it. 

Her mood was not as bad now, having spent a long time with Jason at Camp Jupiter, the camp for the Romans. She had spent that time training and planning through her next set of actions. She had also tried her best to keep Jason in the loop about the upcoming war, knowing that he would be expected to fight, no matter how much she hated that idea.

Layla had Iris Messaged her days earlier, telling her to come back as there had been an update in the quest. She was needed, though Layla's actual words had contained far more swear words. She had been told to get to Manhattan, where Percy and Annabeth were heading to see his mother.

Thus, after finding Mirage and a quick trip across the country, had left her at Sally Jackson's door, waiting for someone to open it for her.

"I'm sorry." The door didn't creak as it opened, the hinges freshly oiled. "Can I help you?"

Percy's mother mirrored her son in some ways, though her dark hairs were greying. The light of her eyes was still there, but it was dimmed as it watched her cautiously. Freyja couldn't blame her. She was an unknown.

"Yes." Freyja straightened up. "Is Percy Jackson here?"

Sally Jackson looked nervous, her muscles tensing up as she looked the Huntress up and down. Percy appeared from around the corner.

"Mum, who is...?" He trailed off, a grin growing on his face as he brushed past the older woman to embrace his sister, who cautiously returned it. "Freyja! Where have you been? All of us were worried."

"Artemis summoned. I've heard that your own trip has been eventful." Freyja patted his back gently, before turning to look at Sally Jackson. "Freyja Leto, daughter of Poseidon."

Sally's eyes widened, before Annabeth turned the corner to watch the older girl with narrowed eyes, asking the same question as Percy did.

"Where have you been?"

"California. Artemis had me on a mission." Freyja nodded her head, as the girl narrowed her eyes. "Layla said that you have a plan? She told me that you two had been talking."

Percy had already disappeared, finding a phone as Annabeth and Freyja waited outside of the door. It only took a moment or two.

"We need to go to Times Square." Percy pressed a kiss to his mother's cheek as Freyja left the house and began to walk downstairs with Annabeth, before turning right towards Times Square. Freyja smiled gently at her brother, before asking the question she had been waiting for.

"Who are we meeting?"

"A girl called Rachel Dare." Percy explained. "I met her last December in the Hoover Dam."