| 12 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 | Freyja struggles to understand the relevance of Christmas and how it pertains to the Greek gods

THE morning of Christmas day, dawned bright and warm. Stretching, Freyja pulled on her camp t-shirt and the conveniently placed reindeer antlers, that Freyja was sure Layla had broken into her cabin to place. She headed for the back of the cabin, sticking her toothbrush in before turning the shower onto fine mist and waiting until it was at the perfect consistency.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, please accept my offering. Show me Artemis on Mount Olympus," There was a pause before an image began to form in the mist, and her mother appeared, a grin already on her face.

"Morning, Mother." Artemis smiled at the sight of her daughter in reindeer antlers, though human customs amused her as much as they confused her daughter. "Apparently it's Christmas and I'm supposed to wish you a merry Christmas?"

"Merry Christmas is the appropriate term, darling." Artemis smiled. "Well done, I'm proud of you for integrating yourself."

"Thanks Mother." Freyja yawned, before looking up at the sound of knocking on her door. "I've got to go before they break down my door. Sorry for the short call. I love you."

"I love you too." Artemis smiled, before swiping through the call and ending it as Freyja threw her door open to glare at whoever was on the other side. Her plans fell through as she came face to face with the Stoll brothers in matching, light up Christmas jumpers.

She immediately burst into laughter, igniting severe outrage from both of the boys as she reached over the top of them to high five a hysterical Layla.

"You got your presents and everything?" Layla managed to get out between laughter, her Santa hat lighting up as she stared at the younger girl. Freyja nodded, grabbing a large duffel bag full of presents for her closest friends (that she had been ordered to buy by both Layla and Luke), before following the other girl to the dining pavilion.

She placed her bag onto the spare table for Zeus, before quickly rushing to the Hermes table to wrap her arms around her boyfriend and press a kiss to his cheek.

"Morning."

"Merry Christmas." He smiled, squeezing her arms, before watching as she hurried back to the Poseidon table before Chiron could spot her with a warm grin. The centaur was standing at the head of the pavilion, stamping his hoof on the stone floor.

The conversation came to a stop as everyone began to laugh at the tinsel that was wrapped around his back legs and over his hindquarters. He smiled, happy that all of the campers were in a festive mood.

"Listen up, campers!" He bellowed, causing everyone to stop laughing and stare at the centaur. "Merry Christmas, I do believe that after lunch we're having a celebratory game of Capture the Flag. Normal teams and rules apply. Tuck in and then presents."