| 15 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Luke has some more weird dreams, which as per normal, just cause him grief

THE dream had started off inconspicuously at first, as most demigod dreams did. Luke found himself standing on a driveway, looking up at a large farmhouse. The light was on by the door, smoke coming from the chimney and fairy lights wrapped around the columns of the porch.

Normally, Luke would be running away and attempting to wake up, but this time he didn't. He wasn't sure what it was, but he felt safe and peaceful. It felt, sort of like, home or at least what Luke thought a home would feel like, considering he'd never truly felt like he'd belonged in one place.

He took a step towards it, snow crunching beneath his feet as he looked around. They were in a clearing, surrounded by a pine forest with mountains in the distance. The house itself was two stories, lights glowing in most of the windows and as Luke stepped up to the door, he found himself peering in and smiling.

This would have been his younger self's dream home, before he ran away and learnt that nightmares were more common than dreams.

The door was open when Luke pressed his hand against it, and he pushed it open. The smell of home cooking washed over him, and Luke almost continued before pausing. Nothing this good could ever be true, not when he was involved. He didn't have that sort of luck.

But nothing jumped out from the kitchen, or the living room, or the hallway. There was nothing wrong with the house and no monsters. So, why was he seeing it?

"Ke?" Luke froze, eyes going wide at the sound of Freyja's voice. "Ke? Is that you?"

"Bubbles?" He muttered, heading for the stairs. Taking them two at a time, Luke tried to work out where the voice was coming from. "Freyja?"

"Ke?" Luke turned, rushing down the corridor to the room at the far end as he tried to find his girlfriend. But, as he raced towards the door, the corridor seemed to get longer and longer, making Luke panic as he tried to reach her.

"Freyja!" He shouted, pushing himself faster as he raced for the door. But the faster he got, the further away the door seemed to be. "Freyja!"

"Ke? Ke!" Her voice grew panicked, turning into a scream for help as Luke tried to get there. Panic was tearing at his chest, causing his breathing to turn ragged. Her screams grew louder, as the door in front of him slammed shut and Luke was flung back down the corridor as the screams died off.

"No!" Luke called. "No!"

He was dragged back, his eyes closing as he was thrown around. When he opened them again, he was back in the throne room of Olympus. Annabeth, Grover and the other boy were by the thrones and Freyja was standing in front of him, their swords interlocked.