| 36 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 | Freyja seems to be a target for bad news

FREYJA stood in front of the cattle grid, looking down at Nico as Percy and the others talked to Eurytion.

"If you need help, Iris message me." Nico looked conflicted, and even paler than the night before due to revelation that Bianca had dropped on him. Freyja had been called away whilst that had happened, having received a message from Apollo.

"Why are you doing this?"

"We're family." He nodded hesitantly, before she retreated back to the others as Eurytion handed a disc to Annabeth. Freyja raised an eyebrow, having seen those sorts of discs before. They were used to lead people to Hephaestus, because her uncle almost hated human interaction as much as Hades and did not want any human assistance from anyone.

"And you're giving it to me?" Annabeth asked, going to glance at Freyja but catching herself in the nick of time. Freyja, however, did not appear to have noticed her indecision.

"I don't need to see the forges, miss." Eurytion blushed. "Got enough to do here. Just press the button and you'll be on your way."

Annabeth did as he said, and the disc sat up and grew eight little legs. The poor daughter of Athena dropped it on the floor, as Freyja pulled a face and quickly reached down to grab it once more. Holding it by it's legs, she put her back to Annabeth and headed for the entrance to the Labyrinth with the wriggling robot.

"She's a little scared of spiders." Grover explained. "You know, the old grudge between Athena and Arachne."

"Oh. Sorry, miss." Eurytion looked confused.

"Come on. Once this thing starts, it's not going to wait for us." Tyson pulled the cattle grid off, as Freyja jumped in and then set the spider down, waiting for the others before she finally let it shoot off into the darkness.

It scuttled and disappeared, causing Freyja to grin at the prospect of a chase. She had not been able to hunt a creature since she was last with the Hunters, before she went to Camp Half-Blood.

It began to scuttle off, and Freyja immediately thanked her mother, who she had hunted with when she was younger. It also helped that her uncle used the mechanical spiders all the time on Olympus, so Freyja knew how to chase one.

"Let's move." Freyja called, as she took off at a run, with the others struggling to keep up behind her. Freyja was reminded of how much she pitied mortals for their lack of speed, and sight, and general less heightened senses. It must hurt running into walls.

"Left!" Tyson called from behind her, as Freyja managed to take a quick left down a marble tunnel and stop before she fell into an abyss. 

Percy ran straight into the back of her, almost knocking both of them in if Tyson hadn't caught them in the nick of time. The tunnel continued, but there was no floor for a good thirty minutes, yet the mechanical spider was swinging across using the bars.