| 55 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | Domesticity is something that Freyja and Luke both desperately craved

"BREAKFAST'S ready." The call came out, as Freyja finally pulled herself out of bed to find her boyfriend. He was already eating, his legs folded beneath him as he read through the paper quickly.

"It's in Norwegian."

"I know." Luke replied, grinning at her. "And?"

"Last I checked, you couldn't read or speak Norwegian." Freyja pressed a kiss to his cheek, leaning over his shoulder to look at the words. She could just about read it, but Luke seemed to be having no trouble.

"Hermes is the god of travel. Languages are in that domain, so it's never too hard for me to learn one." Luke shrugged, before squeezing her hand. "Made an omelette for you."

"Hm, thanks." Freyja nodded, sitting down and starting to eat as another version of her brought over a glass of apple juice. Luke watched it with narrowed eyes, seeing it disappear moments later.

"What was that?"

"Norse powers."

"What?" Luke put the paper down, watching the woman as she looked up, mouth full of egg.

"Norse powers. From Loki." Freyja replied. "Manipulation of vision, creating illusions, supposedly shapeshift but I need to work on that. I kept my lying things, cause that and secrets are from Loki."

"You used to be able to do all of that and Artemis' powers?" Luke's eyes narrowed. "You're powerful now, but how much did you give up to resurrect me?"

"The right amount." Freyja grinned. "I got you back, something I said I'd do no matter the consequences."

Luke smiled back at her as she finished eating, leaning back in her chair to let the spring sun hit her face. He continued to watch her, admiring her slight smile and the occasional twitch of her eyes. 

"You mentioned something, when you were dying, that I wanted to ask about?" Freyja broached the topic carefully, one eye lazily opening as she stared at the man. "Can I? Or would you rather I not?"

"You can ask." Luke grinned. "I'll tell you if I don't want to answer anything."

"You said if we had more time, you'd propose." Freyja cocked an eyebrow. "Said you had a ring. What did you mean?"

"I mean..." Luke hummed, it was a hard question to answer. "I saw my mom after the quest where you died. She wasn't in a fit state anymore, and the state wanted to move her to a home, and they contacted me because I was her son. I was eighteen, and they wanted to know whether it was alright. I said yes."

"I'm sorry. How is she?"

"I wouldn't know." Luke shook his head. "I haven't seen her since I left her there. Couldn't really go back because it brought back a lot of bad memories. I was already starting a war, didn't want Kronos to use those memories to further manipulate me."