| 23 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | Freyja does not like cars but that might just be because of Layla's driving.

FREYJA soon learnt that she despised Layla's driving more than anything. How the woman had passed her driving test was nothing short of a mystery to her. Pulling the map closer to her, Freyja continued to give directions from the front seat as Luke handed her some snacks from the back seat.

"Take the next exit." Freyja called towards the older girl, who nodded, swearing at a driver as she went past. Freyja didn't flinch, waving an apology at the other man (who looked frightened). "We need to go along this road for like 50 miles or so, and then we're almost at our destinations."

"Thank you Frey. At least someone here is helpful."

"I'm providing snacks! I'm helpful," Luke protested.

"You're only providing snacks to your girlfriend, not helpful!" Layla cried as Luke shrugged, handing Freyja some more sweets.

"I love her more. Tough luck."

"I hate being single," Layla growled, before turning to glare at them, "And don't even think about mentioning Zac!"

"Layla, eyes on the road!" Freyja cried in response. She would have offered to drive, but she didn't know how. She was regretting not ever learning, because this was painful and stress inducing (something Freyja really didn't need any more of at the moment). "Jeez. All this over a boy."

"May I remind you that your boy is sitting in the backseat and pouting like a puppy?" Layla reminded Freyja, who turned to smile at her boyfriend and press a soft kiss to his cheek.

"Could you two not?" Freyja sent the girl a side-eye, before continuing to press kisses to Luke's cheek, smiling mischievously all the while. "Disgusting behaviour. Who wants affections?"

Luke didn't complain, grinning widely as he happily accepted his girlfriend's kisses, before leaning back in his seat as she turned the radio on. There was a brief moment of silence before Freyja broke it.

"What did Zac want earlier?" Freyja asked, more out of curiosity than anything else. Layla froze, her face slowly becoming more and more red as Luke began to tease her.

"Did you finally confess your undying love for one and other?" Luke asked, causing Freyja to giggle. Luke stopped looking at Layla, turning back to Freyja with adoration clear in his eyes.

"I will crash this car." Layla replied, placing both hands on the steering wheel as she turned to glare at the pair from the corner of her eyes. "Try me."

The pair shut up swiftly.

☾☼☽