Chapter 11: Crime and Punishment (Part the First).

The Rats in the House of the Dead-Fyodor's dream organization.

But it slowly began to crumble.

Nikolai Gogol abandoned Fyodor to join another group called the Decay of Angels, and Mishitaro Oguri intentionally joined the Special Abilities Division. Now, all that was left were Ivan, Pushkin, and Fyodor.

Fyodor frowned, waiting for his rival to appear. Surrounding him were the bodies of dead Port Mafia soldiers that he had killed a couple of days ago. Now, their corpses rot there, carrying a stench that would kill vermin.

Vermins like that one guy...

Fyodor wondered why Dazai Osamu told him to join Mori's organization in the first place. Fyodor elbowed that thought away because even if Dazai hadn't asked him to join in, he would've infiltrated that group anyway, somehow. Dazai knew that if he wants to prevent the worst things from happening, he would have to move in such a way that the enemy will.

Dazai intentionally allowed Fyodor Dostoevsky to join the Mafia.

Ango's betrayal and death, the dismantling of the Sheep, and the recruitment of Chuuya Nakahara. Dazai knew that those things would've happened even if he didn't send an invitation to Fyodor. Fyodor grinned. The downfall of the Port Mafia had been sealed at the moment that he was born. Beside him, Ivan and Pushkin stood.

"Pushkin-kun. I want you to leave Ivan and me alone and proceed with Cannibalism."

"The two targets?" Pushkin asked.

"Dazai Osamu and Chuuya Nakahara."

***

With the idea of getting Ranpo Edogawa, Boy Detective, into the mix failing, Dazai Osamu stood together with Tsujimura, knowing Fyodor's next move. Tsujimura, without facing Dazai, asked if Dazai had a plan to stop the enemy's next step. Dazai shook his head.

"Cannibalism is already in motion. Although I do not know who will be the virus-ability user, I'm certain that the Demon has already activated his plan."

Tsujimura finally faced Dazai, "Are you sure that he's going to name it 'Cannibalism'?"

"Humanity at its worst, humanity at its finest. To face the Port Mafia and Nikolai Gogol, we have to take them out one at a time. After a crime, there's punishment. Those who do not understand my plans for the future of the human race will be punished. That is my goal, Dazai-kun,"

Fyodor began to imagine Dazai Osamu standing before him. Fyodor grinned. "Furthermore, it will not be called Cannibalism. Instead, it will be called Crime and Punishment."

Fyodor Dostoevsky. Ability: Crime and Punishment. His ability's nature is still unknown, but it has been said that if anybody touches him, that person will die instantly.

"The virus-ability user must be in shame that it will not be called Cannibalism, and that's why Fyodor's plan will fail," Dazai stated to Tsujimura. "If Fyodor tries to remix his true plan, it will eventually stumble."

Eventually. Dazai repeated those words to himself. He knows that there is a small chance that they will win against Fyodor, the Devil.

"Hey, Dazai."

Chuuya entrenched their conversation. "Mori-san welcomes Tsujimura-sensei into the Port Mafia head-quarters."

Tsujimura widened her eyes. "Me?" she tried to confirm Chuuya's statement. Chuuya nodded.

"Yes. 'Tsujimura is invited to discuss on how to defeat the Devil,' so Mori-san says."

***

"So, you haven't come up with anything yet?" Mori-san asked Tsujimura.