Chapter 12: Crime and Punishment (Part the Second).

Rio Murakami only had one thing in mind: the extermination of Odasaku.

To avenge for his sister's death, he has to kill the man who killed her. That's the way of the Murakamis.

To take one's life beacons for a punishment that's called suicide.

To murder Odasaku is a goal in Rio's life right now. At this moment,

Odasaku's death is all that matters.

The family curry shop.

At the top of the building lays a house, that's keeps orphans. Odasaku thinks of them as his own children. They are the only ones that keep Odasaku going through this world that he calls depressing. The restaurant is owned by an old man, who's long time friends with Odasaku. The man is older than him. The old man makes a few types of curry, but no curry noodles. He only cooks curry rice. Odasaku usually orders from that man when he forgets to buy something for himself, which was not often. 

However, today was one of the days.

" Hey, old man, can I have my usual?"

" Sure!"

The chef started to make the dish that his customer ordered.

" By the way, a person is waiting for you upstairs. He's playing with the kids now."

Odasaku raised his eyebrows.

" Who?"

" Ah, some guy with a lot of bandages and a black coat. Says he's from the Mafia."

Dazai Osamu.

" I get it. Thanks, old man." Odasaku walked up to meet his guest.

Not to his surprise, Dazai was playing with the kids who were trying to peel off his bandages.

" Why not?" A kid complained.

" Because if you do, I'll bleed out!" Dazai complained back.

" Cool!" Another child responded.

" Not cool- oh, Odasaku! Nice timing. Can you help me please?"

" Dazai, you asked for this once you came into the shop."

" Just help me out!!"

Everything was settled. Dazai placed back the bandages that had been ruined by the kids, and Odasaku cleared the place of the 'brats'.

" Now, what do you want for me, Dazai. You don't normally get inside of my place of stay."

Dazai looked up to his friend.

" As you know, Ango has died and-"
" I know that. I want to know what you are doing here right now," Odasaku demanded. Dazai grinned.

" To protect you."

" To protect me?" Odasaku tried to confirm what his friend said.

" Yes," Dazai confirmed his statement. " A new ability-user emerged from an organisation called the Rats in the House of the Dead lead by Fyodor Dostoevsky named Rio Murakami. Let that sink in for a while."

Odasaku thought. Murakami? Why does that sound so familiar- Naoko. I see now. I see now why Dazai came here, and mentioned Rio.

" Fine. I understand now." Odasaku stood up and went out the door. " Dazai, you're allowed to stay here until this operation is over. Until then-"

" Hey, Dazai. You're done now or what?"

Chuuya Nakahira woke up from the top of a bunk bed that Odasaku built for the kids.