We Dress Up And Play Pretend

»»[ I don't know if it's Sunday in your country yet but, it is in mine and I am wide awake, completing my work when I thought of updating this. After all, it's a long overdue. ]««

Please don't forget to vote and comment. Let me know what you liked and what you didn't.

And I am sorry again.
•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Stay safe here, I will take care of the rest." Ladybug put down Rose as they landed on the terrace of Le Grand Paris hotel.

"Wait, Ladybug! What about Cat Noir? Where is he? You two are a team and best friends, right?" Rose asked rather worriedly.

The heroine gulped at the name of her partner. Their partnership was never the same ever since she had confessed to him. Their usual sync was disturbed. Cat Noir had tried to address the issue several times but she refused to talk to him.

No matter what, no one could really blame her. She was going through a really painful heartbreak. Every time she saw him, she was reminded of all the memories they had shared, all the fun, the playful banters, their laughs. It just took a single minute for all the sweet dreams to get shattered as he rejected her and she watched her world burn into ashes. Her friendship with him, both in her civilian and hero form, was ruined. Her heart ached badly for him.

At Rose's words, she couldn't help but feel guilty. They were partners after all. He was her best friend, her closest friend. She had put the safety of Paris at stake just because she was uncomfortable around him, just because she couldn't meet his eyes. It wasn't his fault that he had moved on. He had a right to like anyone or no one. She didn't have any right to be upset with him. If anything, she should be mad at herself for being so immature.

He didn't do this when she rejected him, countless times. She would set this right. Ladybug and Cat Noir are a duo and she was going to fix the mess she created. Her first mistake was breaking the heart of the sweetest guy she'd ever met and alienating him would be her second blunder. It was time to end this, for the greater good.

"Yes, Rose. We're best friends. Sorry that we haven't been focused lately. But, I promise we will do our best to keep Paris safe." She said holding her chin high up.

"That's the Ladybug we all know." Rose cheered.

Ladybug smiled at her friend. Even though she was amused by Rose being afraid of an Akuma that people no longer saw as a threat, she was grateful that she made her realise her mistake unknowingly.

Her attention was caught by a lot of pigeons carrying Cat Noir, the poor boy was sneezing very loudly.

"Hey, Mr Pigeon! Stop messing with the cat. Wanna get scratched or something?" She taunted him as she used her yo-yo to swing across to her partner.

Seriously, Hawkmoth should stop trying Mr Pigeon.

.

.

.

"Pound it!" The duo fist-bumped.

"Wow LB! Thanks for helping me out today." His face morphed into a serious expression, "Listen, uh I- I am sorry Ladybug for breaking your heart. I really am but, I can't lie to you, I can't lead you on. I-I ca-can't give you false hope. I hope you understand."

The throbbing in her head and the pain in her heart returned as he uttered those words. The words were so familiar, the only thing that changed was that it was her hearing them this time. So, this was how he felt every time.