Rejection

Rejection

Henri’s POV

            I spent the whole day cleaning. I was so glad that I had graduated high school last year. As I finish the last of the bedrooms, I make my way slowly down the stairs. I didn’t watch where I was going and I ran into a wall. As I fall back, I could hear Angel, my wolf, start to howl. What’s wrong with you?

            Nothing. We found our mate.

            Mate?! I ask as I look up and into his eyes. Staring back at me was a pair of forest green eyes that had specks of silver swimming in them. I gasp when I realize who he was. No, no, no. This isn’t good. I start to whine, dropping my eyes instantly.

            Why isn’t finding our mate good? Angel demands. Because he’s the alpha, and he blames me for the deaths of my parents. The whole pack does.

            But he’s our mate. He will accept us, surely.

            No he won’t Angel. He will reject us. “Look at me!” He yells at me, his voice filling the room. I lift my eyes up quickly. Anger and disgust fills his eyes as he looks at in. “Why would the goddess pair me with such a pitiful excuse of a werewolf, I have no clue. You are not worthy to be my mate and the Luna of this pack.” I could feel his rejection coming, so I did the only thing I knew. I blocked out all of my emotions.

            “I, Gideon Elijah Watson, alpha of the Carruthers pack, reject you Henrietta Chastity Walker as my mate and alpha female.” I feel a burning pain shot through my heart as he rejects me, but I keep my face void any emotions. I won’t give him the satisfaction of seeing me in pain. It takes almost all I have in me to keep my voice strong and steady and I reply. “And I, Henrietta Chastity Walker, accept your rejection, Gideon Elijah Watson, as my mate.” He winced as the words left my mouth.

            Leaving the cleaning supplies where they fell, I make a beeline to my basement room. I no longer had any reason to stay in this forsaken place. I grab a bag from my closet and begin to stuff the few belongs I had. I turn to walk out my door when I spot a notebook on my dresser. Grabbing a pen, I quickly left my brother a note. Although he no longer loved me, I still loved him. And he deserved to know why I was leaving.

            Ryan,

            It saddens me that this day has finally come for me. If you are reading this, it means that I have found my mate and that he rejected me. I can’t stay here where no one wants me. It takes a fool to see when they’re not wanted, and I am no fool. I wanted to leave this pack so many times before, but I stayed. I stayed for you and because I thought that when I found my mate, he would accept me as I am. But I was wrong. You never loved me and neither does he. I no longer have anything to live for. I hope that you find your mate and that you are as happy with her as mom and dad were. I still love you no matter what you think of me.

            Your sister,

            Henri

Leaving the note on the dresser where it would be easily spotted, I pick up my bag and walk out. No one tried to stop me as I left the house, but only because I didn’t run into a soul. I could hear their laughter coming from the den. Two years ago I had shifted. My wolf wasn’t rare or special, but she was special to me. Our fur was a vivid red with black swirls that ran the length of our body. Our eyes were ice blue. The day I shifted, my brother almost came across me, but luckily he didn’t. No one in the pack knew that I had shifted.

            It took me an hour running in human form to reach the border of our pack. Taking a deep breath, I look over my shoulder as if someone would stop me. I knew the second I stepped across the line, my ties with the pack would be severed. Everyone would feel it as my tie broke from theirs. And I would official become a rouge. Smiling, I jump across the border and sigh as my ties with my old pack break. I felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders. I step behind a tree and quickly pull my clothes off. Slipping them into my bag, I shift into my wolf. Grabbing the bag with my mouth, I set off on a quick trot. I wanted to get as many miles between me and them as possible.