The Old vs. The New

The Old vs. The New

Henri’s POV

            The two weeks flew by faster than I thought they would. Louis had agreed to go with me when I left. In all honesty, I don’t think I would have gone if he had said he was staying. Angel and I didn’t like being away from him longer than we needed to be. I was lying on my bed just staring at the ceiling. Earlier last night, Louie and I had packed our bags, so we were ready to leave.

            But I was starting to have second doubts. Not that I told my mate or my brothers that. Louis wanted to tell Derrick that we were heading to my old pack, but I asked him not to. My brothers would be so mad if they knew that it was the pack we were going to train that beat me.

            Hearing Louie’s voice in the hall, Angel starts howling. She was glad that we found him, and so was I. I would pick him over Gideon every second of the day. Closing my eyes, I let all of my thoughts escape, leaving my mind blank. My door opens, and I listen as Louis moves as quiet as he can, thinking I’m asleep. I feel the bed dip as he lies beside me.

            When his arms wrap around me, I fight to keep a smile off my face. “You know,” I say, my voice sounding loud as it shattered the silence, “You really need to learn how to sneak up on someone.”

            “I thought I was doing pretty well.” I smirk at him. “The day I found you at the lake, I snuck up behind you, climbed a tree, jumped and landed right behind you and you didn’t even hear a sound. If I hadn’t spoken, you would have never known I was there.”

            “You know, I don’t think it’s natural to be as silent as you are.” I laugh at him, and snuggle into his arms. “I had to learn the hard way to be as silent as I am. If any of them heard me, they would beat me for being too loud. So, I learned how to be as silent as I am now. But they just found other things to beat me about.”

            “If they even try and lay one finger on you when we’re there, not only will I kill them, your brothers will help me kill them.” I smile at him. “I know. That’s why I love you.”

            “I love you too Henri.”

Derrick’s POV

            I lay back in the grass just staring at the stars. Tomorrow we’re leaving for the Carruthers pack. After we finish training them, Louis will be taking Henri back to his pack. I hear Dean and Aaron trying to sneak up on me. Waiting until they stepped out from behind the trees, I speak up. “I heard y’all coming a mile away.”

            “Man!”

            “This isn’t right. We can’t sneak up on you or Henri.” Aaron whines. I laugh and sit up. They sit beside me. “Have you noticed how different Henri’s been acting lately?” Dean asks me. “She’s just upset that she has to leave us after we get through with the Carruthers pack. Louis has permission from his alpha to stay with us until then. But he needs them back just as soon as we are finished.”

            “I don’t think that’s it Dare. Ever since you told her that we have to help train the Carruthers, she’s been a little edgy. She never did tell us who her old pack was. I think that this Carruthers pack was the ones that gave her those scars, and they’re the reason behind her behavior when we first found her.”

            I look at Aaron and he nods at me. “Alright. Tell the pack that when we get to the Carruthers territory that Henri needs to have at least two people with her at all times. And that if anyone from that pack lays a finger on her, then we’re gone. Promise or no promise. But Henri mustn’t know about this.” They stand up, nod and start running back towards the pack house.

            Shaking my head, I lay back in the grass. My wolf, Brock, was growling at me for not learning the name of the cowards that had hurt our little sister. Don’t worry Brock. We’ll make them pay. We can’t physically attack them without starting a war between us, but we can make their training a living nightmare.

            Now we’re talking. But…what if our mate’s one of their pack?

            Then we’ll reject her.

            You’ll do no such thing! If our mate is one of them, we’ll bring her here.

            But what if she doesn’t want us?

            Then we’ll accept her rejection. But we won’t reject her, understand?!

            Yeah, yeah. I tell him, though I was hoping and preying that she wasn’t.          

Henri’s POV

            I woke up early. Taking a shower to help clear my mind, I think about which one of my cars to take with me. I had several of the sweetest rides in the entire pack. I had a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray/ Cadillac CTS, a SRT Viper Roadster, a Ferrari La Ferrari, and a Porsche 918 Spyder. And then my bikes: there was a Star Bolt, a Indian Chief Classic, a Kawasaki Ninja 1000, and a Softail Slim.

            So many choices. Angel says laughing. Which one should we take? I ask as I walk towards my closet. I glance at the bed and see that Louis was still asleep. Oh, but not for long. I think we should take the Ninja.

            My thoughts exactly girl. I quickly pull on some panties and a matching bra. Then I slip into a pair of faded blue jeans and I pull on a white tank top. Looking through my shirts, I find a black western shirt with blood red roses and silver fringe. Slipping it on, I tuck it into my pants and button it up. Leaving the top three buttons open, I look for my belt.

            Seeing it next to my black leather boots, I grab both, and a pair of socks. Putting my hair into a French braid, I grab our bags and head down the stairs. I pass several of our warriors who were doing the same. I see Dean and I smile at him. “Hey big bro.”

            “Hey Henri. You’re up early.”

            “Yeah, well we’re leaving soon. Could I put Louis and my bags in your car?”

            “Sure I guess, but why?”

            “I’m taking the Ninja.” I say softly when I see his eyes light up. Our pack was just outside of Price, Utah. And the Carruthers pack was in Taos, New Mexico.  The drive was almost nine hours. Dean takes the bags, and I sprint back into the house.

            Opening the door to my room, I see that Louie’s still asleep. Grinning, I take off running and jump on the bed, landing on him. He groans softly and I chuckle. “Wake up love. We’re leaving soon.”

            “Go away. It’s too early to get out of bed.”

            “Then I guess you’re not coming with me to train my old pack huh?” I ask softly as I slide off my bed. The second my feet touched the floor, Louis had his arms around me. “You aren’t leaving me that fast little darling.” I giggle and twist out of his arms.

            “We’re leaving soon. I’m taking my Ninja, so you’ll have to ride with Dare or Dean.” He growls softly at me and I laugh. “Don’t worry babe. I’ll drive careful, like I always do. Now. Get dressed and meet me downstairs. We’re leaving.” I grab my helmet off of my dresser and walk to the stairs. Sitting on the banister, I slide down laughing.

            Jumping off, I put my helmet on and walk to my bike. Grinning, I throw my leg over it and start the engine. Popping a wheelie as I roar down the driveway, I let out a laugh.