Like Being Struck With Lightning

beep..beep..beep..beep..beep..bee..

I slowly come to, with Sayori looming over me. "Y/N!" She exclaims, capturing me in a hug. I groan, as my ribs are still broken. But I don't care. The nurse enters the room, holding a clipboard. "Sir?" She asks. "Yeah? What's going on?" I answer. "I could ask you the same thing! You have two broken ribs, with multiple fractured, and a stab wound along with three deep cuts! On top of that, you have lost more than a fourth of your blood! What happened to you?!" She exclaims, examining the already attached IV drip bag. "I got jumped by a gang of people, and one of 'em had a knife, but I didn't get a good look." I lie through my teeth. I'd probably be arrested if I told her that I stabbed a drunkard for hitting the one I love, got thrown into the hood of a car, and then into the table, then hit him over the head with a frying pan and knocked him cold. Best bet was to lie instead of that. "Anyway, you have visitors. They're waiting outside." She motions towards the door, and the Literature Club walks in. Natsuki walks over. "What happened, Y/N?" She asks. "I didn't realize he cut me. Adrenaline must have kept me from feeling it." I reply, slightly strained from still being trapped in Sayori's death grip of a hug. The Literature Club starts talking, and in my ear I hear Sayori whisper. "Once you can get out of here, meet me at your house, okay?" She whispers softly in my ear. I nod, and rub her arm. "Okay, I'll be there today." I reply. She releases me from the hug, and walks out the door. "Alright. We need to do some tests before we can discharge him, so if you kind ladies could vacate this room for a bit, we'll hand him back over to you. They comply and leave. After handful of tests and a couple of injections, they give me a pill bottle and a brace for my leg. They already headed back to Sayori's, so I decide to walk to my house, right next door to Sayori's house. She is waiting on the porch. "What is it, Sayori?" I ask, sitting next to her, looking up at the violet stained night sky. 

"The sky is beautiful." Sayori says, rather distant.

"Yeah."

"I don't get how you have put up with me for all this time.."

"...."

"But I stuck around, just for you."

I blush. What is she talking about, 'stuck around, just for you'?

"Do you remember that one day where we went to the park, and that boy knocked me over, and you helped me up, and then made him apologize? That was the day that this feeling sprouted."

"I remember. Are you trying to sa-"

"This warm, fuzzy, feeling. The feeling that when I'm around you, the rainclouds can't come."

"..."

"What I am trying to say is... I love you, Y/N.. More than words can say, I love you!"

"I.. I love you too, Sayori! I can't just bite my lip and keep it to myself, not anymore."

"I would want nothing more than to spend my days with you by my side, Sayo-!"

She cuts off my sentence with a kiss, and it was like all the stories and poems and songs said it was. Like being struck like lightning. I wrap my arm around her, and we embrace one another, just holding each other, staring into the night sky.

Author's note - First time writing a love confession, easier said than done! Hope you liked this chapter!