(TW) I'll Not Be Long, Sayori

TW: Suicide, depressive thoughts, violence

Y/N's POV:

"Monika. Do you regret anything? Any remorse to give to my friends?" I ask her. "No, they don't need my attention. Only you, and you alone." She's damn psycho! I pry her grip from my neck, and push her away. "I never wanted any of this. Why, Monika?! I'm not-!" I feel a wave of pain wash over me. Not physical, but.. no..

Sayori. Something happened.

I push Monika out of my way, and start sprinting in the direction of the exit. Thankfully, my years and years of being in this school hit me again, and I remember that this is the way to the exit. It's in my grasp, I can almost feel the handle gripping my hand, its right there! Suddenly, I get pulled back towards Monika. I see a thick wire over my neck, dragging me back to its owner. "Come on! COME ON! LET ME GO!!" I scream, pushing against the tidal force of the single thick wire. I finally feel it snap and I run off, into the exit. She grips my wrist as I'm halfway through the door. "Monika, I am finished. I'm done with this hell. No more." I say, throwing her grip off of me.

I awake to a familiar place, the rubble from our clash. Damn! I begin sprinting down the street towards my house. I can't believe it. I wasn't there for Sayori. I notice a familiar location, and I dash directly towards Sayori's residence. I trip and fall on a curb, landing on my face. Looking up, I fall to tears. So many years together, as friends, and now I can't even bring myself to stand up and walk in. The white exterior, and one light on in Sayori's room. An overgrown tree looms the roof down onto the wall showing out to the street. I dash into the door, not bothering to knock.

Charging up the stairs like a wild bull, I find Sayori's room, the door closed and I can hear the AC blowing lightly. She can't be hurt. Not possible. I've known her for so long. So very long. She even told me she had depression. She even tried once. I was there. I stopped her. No. This can't be real. I open the door. There swings Sayori. "I.. I couldn't be there. I couldn't... I-I-I couldn't-t h-help her.." No!! Dammit! I begin to break down. There in front of my childhood best friend, my lover, my everything, I knelt there, in tears and panic, mourning the loss of my world. It begins to rain, slightly a patter at the roof, then hitting the roof to the ground outside. "I-If I was quicker, if I was better, I could have stopped you.. I.." I mutter out through the burning tears, flooding my face with a pathetic cry for help.

*4 YEARS LATER*

It's been years. Years of a broken day. The Literature Club has disbanded and broken up. Yuri went off to study mental illness, and Natsuki is living happily with her new husband. Monika is still in the Void. I tried to kill myself, once before. It didn't work. I have tried to forget that Sayori did that. It still hurts, so much.. I don't see point in this world. It's a dull world without her. It just hurts to think, and I don't do pain anymore. Everything has gone to shit. My world has come and gone. My friends are gone. Everything moves on. Sayori left me a note. I haven't read it, not yet. I don't want to. It wouldn't do me anything better. I would read it if I had friends to hold me close to them.

Natsuki's dad is dead, he was shot in the street by a guy that he hit with a beer bottle. The paramedics found Sayori's body within a matter of days. I was there when they pulled the sheet over her face, her coral pink hair sticking out the sides in small tufts. I took the noose she used and burned it in my backyard. The single piece of tied rope and a voice in her head took my world from me. I remember it all. I couldn't bring myself to answer anyone's questions. I attended Sayori's funeral, and I wept along with her devastated parents. Her mom stayed behind to have a talk with Sayori.

Everyone treats me like a freak. Like I have a plague and everybody is scared of getting it. I feel invisible to everyone. Everything is different. It feels like everything is moving on without my knowledge, leaving me behind. I've tried to talk to my friends, but they don't understand anything I try to tell them. This is what Sayori felt, isn't it? It's painful. I understand now. I'm so sorry, Sayori. I have already climbed up the ladder around the back of a building. It's a fifty foot drop.

I'll not be long, Sayori.

Update: 10/25/20:

Sorry for not updating a lot, I'm going through some stuff, and I have one hell of a writers block. I'm gonna try to read it off, alright? See you all soon.

~Cinnabun