Part 9

A/N: Just so you know, I desperately need some feedback for this chapter. Pleasepleaseplease.

*****

I put my messenger bag on the wooden bench near the door, where William also puts his. He is now standing in the middle of his large master bedroom, facing me. Dangerously silent while patiently waiting for me to close the door. His hands are folded on his chest. I lower my gaze to the carpeted floor and step forward, closing our distance. I know I am at fault here. That's why I can't bring myself to look at him in the eye. I feel embarrassed. Not scared.

"Do you have anything else in your possession that was from other guy?" Still folding his hands, he starts.

"Uh... None, I guess." My thoughts are divided between trying to remember the stuffs I've got at home and wondering why he asks.

"You're sure?"

"I think so." I mentally force my brain to try to recall. "But even if there is, it must be an old stuff that is not really something I deem important."

"Not as important as the necklace, I see." I dare not to argue with his remarks and let him continue. "From whom?"

"I can't remember, William. I'm not even sure if I do really have any. I'll check later."

"Alright. If you find anything you or your parents don't recall buying, you know what to do. I want them gone. Soon."

I open my mouth trying to make a bargain but I decide not to as I catch those stern eyes expecting complete obedience from me. "Okay." That's all I can come up with.

"Come here." He unfolds his hands and invites me for a hug. Without second thought, I immediately go for it. I love the way his hug can automatically warm the chilly atmosphere. I don't mind to spend hours melting inside his hug like this, even though I can feel it's a little bit too tight to be called a comfort hug. "You belong to me, Lou. Can you remember that?"

I just nod in his hug without giving a verbal answer.

"If you need anything, you want anything, you come to me. Can you do that?"

"Yes."

"Am I not good enough for you?"

"What?" The question surprises me. "No, you're better than everything I could ever ask for."

He loosens his hug just enough to bring his right hand up to gently caress my cheek. He then touches my chin and slowly brings my face up so that we're staring at each other eyes to eyes. With the way I smitten under his icy gaze and ministrations, I know I must be blushing hard right now.

"To me, you are too." He speaks in a husky voice. "And it's freaking me out to know that you actually like somebody else also."

He says 'like', not 'liked'. William's logic is rather challenging to alter. It makes more sense to him to think that I must like Ethan just because I have been wearing his gift everyday all these years. William doesn't buy words. He collects facts and decides the conclusion once he's done processing those facts internally. Sometimes we'll never know when or how long this complex process actually happen. I guess it could be in a split second or maybe in weeks.

"I'm sorry, William." I have no choice other than to feel sorry. Because he's right. This is all on me. Had I just taken it off the first time he asked me to, today's situation wouldn't be as damaged.