Part 12

"Guess what, Bitches?" Emily suddenly pops up cheerfully and enters the classroom where I am currently in. The class was dismissed since few minutes ago, but I'm still here having small talk with Jess regarding her upcoming birthday party. We share few other classes beside this one. She's quite a nice person and very friendly. It's no surprise if she has a lot of friends that she needs to invite to her party.

To be honest, I'm not into parties. I'm too shy for such crowd. But I can't simply decline her invitation because she's like the closest friend I've got ever since the bullying stopped. Tim doesn't count anymore. I can't believe he has the heart to tell Mikey about my private matter such as Ethan's necklace and my old feelings. I feel like I was being betrayed.

"What?" Rolling her eyes, Jess asks Emily who's still showing us her big goofy smile since she showed up in here. I'm always amazed that she seems to be in a constant cheerfulness like that most of the time. But to Jess, her loud cheer can also be translated as annoying sometimes.

"Daniel asked me to be his prom date!" Emily enthusiastically breaks the news. Her typical loud cheer soon follows.

"Congrats, Em." I'm genuinely happy for her. I know she's been trying to get close to one of the players of our school's football team. I don't know which one but I'm sure that guy must be Daniel.

"Thanks, Louis!" She's still wearing that wide grin on her face. "I can't wait to go shopping for the dress."

"You guys are lucky." Jess complains. "I don't get to go to prom since no one asked me to be their date. And I don't have boyfriend who is a senior like Louis does. Life is unfair."

"Don't worry, Jess." I comfort her. "Prom is still another two months. I'm sure somebody will ask you later. You've got quite a lot of friends who are seniors, right?"

It's almost impossible for Jess to not joining the senior prom. She's been having the luxury of getting asked to be somebody's date every year, even when she's still in freshman year. Isn't that awesome? Yeah, her friendly and easy-going nature has proven to make her sort of popular in school. And if that isn't enough, she's also famous for her cute smile and charming look. But she isn't inclined to hang around with other popular girls, like the school's cheerleaders squad for example. Jess thinks they're extremely competitive one another and rather mean.

"Okay, back to our conversation before." Jess reminds me again of her question that's left unanswered when Emily came. "You're going to be there at my party, right Louis?"

"I would love to. But I have to ask William first." I give her explanation instead of straight answer. "You know he doesn't want me to go anywhere by myself. I have to ask him to come with me."

"Okay, you tell him today. Try your best to convince him to come because I'm not having any of my besties skipping my birthday party." 

I chuckle at her statement. "I'll try."

"You too, Em." Jess speaks to Emily. "You're going to come to my party, and I don't take no for an answer."

"Would it be okay if I bring Daniel?" Emily asks.

"Sure." Jess replies. "The more, the merrier."

"Uh, Louis, can I ask you something?" Emily asks. All of a sudden, she's shifting into serious mode. This also makes Jess fixing her curiosity onto Emily.

"Sure."

"Is the rumor true?" Emily inquires shortly.

"What rumor?" I'm a bit amazed, for such a small school, this place surely got quite a bunch of rumors. I hope she's not talking about William cheating with whom ever.