Builder -- Gally

Hey! So I haven't been able to post for like a week because of my internet at home being wierd and my school internet blocks wattpad (annoying), but because I write all these on Word then post them, it's ok! I have heeeeeeeeeeeaps! Anyway, hope everyone's been enjoying so far... 

Please I'm running out of ideas at this point and I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed suggestions! Ah!

*your perspective*

"Good morning, my lady."

"Hey Captain," I turn around, smiling.

There he is, my perfect boyfriend, hammer in hand and ready to get working. He leans forward, placing a light kiss on my cheek. I laugh, he's so adorable when he chooses to be.

"So, what are we working on today?" I ask, and he points to the homestead.

"Couple of the boards on the top platform have come loose, we're fixing 'em."

"Right," I say, "well let me get breakfast and I'll be right there."

We spend all day hammering boards onto the top platform of the homestead, then add some more security underneath, just for safety.

The sun is setting and the runners are returning by the time we finish up, and I climb down halfway then jump.

"(Y/N)," Gally says, putting an arm around my shoulders, "I swear one day you're gonna break your shuck legs doing that."

"It's fun," I shrug, "and I know how to land properly."

"Whatever you say, Angel,"

"I say that I'll be fine, muscle man," I slap his butt, making him jump.

"Shit, (Y/N), don't do that!"

"You broke our streak," I remark. We have a sort of game of ending each sentence we say to each other with an increasingly cringey pet name.

"Yeah," he says, taking his arm from around my shoulders, "because you slapped my ass!"

"Sorry," I grin, swinging my toolbelt onto a hook in the tool shed and taking Gally's for him.

"It's fine," he says, "just give me some warning next time."

"What," I fold my arms, "like "I'm gonna slap your ass," then do it? Because that kinda defeats the purpose."

"What purpose?" He asks, and I shrug. "Eh, whatever," he turns to go, and I follow him, closing the tool shed door behind me.

Halfway across to get dinner, he slaps my butt. I jump, turning and punching him playfully in the arm.

"What the hell was that for?" I ask, and he laughs.

"It's called getting a taste of your own medicine, baby."

"Yeah, well I'm not sure how I feel about that medicine, sweetheart."

"Ok, pumpkin,"

"Pumpkin?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah," he says, "because you're hard to get through to, but once you do, you're super sweet."

"Aw, you're too cute." I say, rolling my eyes.

"And you're just too damn perfect." He puts a hand on my cheek, kissing my lips firmly, then pulling away.

"We should get dinner," I say, serious for once, and he nods. Without warning, he picks me up, swinging me over his shoulder and jogging towards Frypan's kitchen.

"Put me down, shank!" I shriek, squirming around in his grasp, but he's bloody strong.

"Dinner for my queen," he says to Frypan, who I can't see due to the fact that from the waist up, I'm hanging over Gally's shoulder.

"I can't decide if you two are cute, or just plain gross," he says, and I can practically hear the eye role in his voice.

"We're cute," I say, swinging around as much as possible, which isn't far. "Now Gally, put me down," I add, but he doesn't.

Finally, we get to a table where Zart, Clint, and Winston are sitting, already eating.

"Ok," Gally says, carefully letting me slide off his shoulder, "there you are Princess."

"Thankyou, for that rather unnecessary ride, Sir Gally," I grin, brushing a stray piece of hair off my face.

"Anything for you, my dear," I roll my eyes at that, sitting down and accepting the plate he slides across to me.

After dinner, we head off to bed pretty much straight away.

I crawl into Gally's hammock, resting my head on his chest and draping one arm across his torso.

"(Y/N)," he says softly, holding me close under the blanket, "you know how much I love you?"

"How much?" I whisper back.

"You see all those stars up there?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you count them?"

"Probably not, there're too many."

"That's how much I love you."

We're silent for a minute, the sounds of the other Gladers chatting and some snoring filling the night. 

"I love you too, Gally," I murmur, "more than you'll ever know."