Nightmares part I -- Gally

*your perspective*

Gally gasps, sitting bolt upright and looking around. I'd been watching him for a few minutes, trying to decide whether or not to wake him up, and was just about to shake his shoulder.

"Hey," I say gently, "what's wrong?"

"(Y/N)," he pants, looking around then focusing on me. I sit up next to him, taking one of his hands in both of mine.

"Gally? Are you ok?" I ask, watching as he glances around again, then back to me. He looks terrified.

"Yeah," he says, giving me an obviously smile, "yeah I'm ok."

"Don't lie to me," I frown, and he sighs, looking down at our interlaced fingers.

"Really," he meets my eyes, "I'm ok. Go back to sleep."

"No, not until you tell me what's wrong."

"It was just a nightmare, ok? I'm fine," he runs his hands over me, as if checking that I'm whole and really there.

"Something's telling me it wasn't "just a nightmare," was it?" I say, turning to face him and crossing my legs.

"I don't really want to talk about it now, ok? Can we just...?"

"Yeah," I nod, "of course. Just... remember I'm here if you ever need anything."

He smiles at me, a real smile this time, then lies down and opens his arms. I snuggle in close to him, resting my head on his chest and hugging his torso with one arm, pressing myself against his side.

"You sure you're ok?" I ask, and I feel him nod. "I love you, you know that, right?"

"Yeah," he whispers, "I love you too."