[ 1 ]

- Noor's POV -

The alarm goes off, it's that horrendous sound that gives everyone PTSD. But I guess it gets the job done.

I groan as I reach over to try to tap my phone screen in order to turn off the alarm. For some reason, no matter how many times I hit my phone, the alarm won't turn off unless it has my full attention.

I wake up the second time. Second time because I always go back to sleep after Fajr. I know I should try to stay up and get on with my day but sometimes, work starts at 5 PM and I don't want to be sleepy right when I start.

Or I'm just lazy and these are just excuses.

Probably the latter.

I drag my feet to the washroom and spend at least an 45 minutes in there.

Why 45?

Well, it takes 10-15 minutes for me to brush my teeth and do my skincare. And the rest... you can guess!

I never change out of my pyjamas unless I'm going out that day. Even then, I only change out an hour before leaving the house. I can never be comfortable in anything but pyjamas at home.

I'm also one of those people who has to change into my pyjamas the second my feet touch the inside of the house. I don't know how some people can just stay in their outdoor clothes at home, I find it mind blowing!

Finally, I put on my glasses to, you know, see because I'm blind as a bat without them.

"Assalamualikum, Baba and Amma." I greet them as I pull out a chair to sit in.

"Walaikum Assalam, Noor." Baba gives me a quick hug.

"Are you ever going to learn to not wake up in the afternoon almost every day?" Amma sighs.

I grin. "It's only 11 AM! Besides, Ayesha's still sleeping..."

"Don't compare yourself to your sister. She came home late from school last night." Amma frowns.

She's right. I haven't done much except job hunt, go to my current job and sleep since graduating a month ago.

I pout. "Baba, Amma's bullying me again!"

"Let her be, Faiza. Our Noor works hard too." Baba smiles.

"When she's married, she won't be able to sleep in and live like a princess! You're spoiling her, Abbas." Amma explains.

I give her a hug. "Let me live like a princess here, then!"

She hugs me back and sighs again. "Silly girl. Sit down, I made eggs and toast for breakfast."

"What time do you work today?"

"Let's see... today's Saturday so, 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM." I say while stuffing a small piece of toast in my mouth.

"Any luck with—" Amma's sentence gets cut off when my phone rings loudly.

I crinkle my brows, confused about WHOS calling because no one ever calls me unless it's my parents, sister or Farrah, my best friend.