[ 26 ]

- Noor's POV -

When we did reach the entrance, Yasir mother was waiting for us, holding a shawl.

She looks enchanting and classy as always. Her makeup looks as if she drank from the fountain of youth. Her hair pulls into a tight, smooth bun with small jewelled adornments placed to decorate the bun. Her plum gown makes her pale skin glow even more than usual. Again, she looks just as a socialite wife of the wealthiest man in the country should look like: a perfect doll.

God, I hope I age like her, Insha'Allah. I'm almost envious of how good she looks.

Botox, maybe? A really expensive weekly facial session? She is rich. The green-eyed monster on the left whispers in my ear.

Gosh! Shut up, Noor! I hate how easily I become envious of others. These rude ass comments automatically pop up into my head, I don't even think of them! 

"Assalamualikum!" She greets my parents. The second her eyes lay on me, they instantly light up. "Mash'Allah! Mash'Allah! Mash'Allah! Yasir will not be able to take his eyes off of you tonight. You look so gorgeous, I can't describe it!"

I'm sure I start blushing yet again as she gives me a tight hug, "Thank you so much."

"I will need to hide the bride because we have entrance for her prepared. There's paparazzi waiting to take her picture and we don't want anything getting leaked until the entrance." His mother explains. "Her entrance will be her walking down the main grand staircase, where Yasir will take her by the hand at the bottom and guide her to the stage for a proper introduction and announcement. This will be the first time she should be photographed by the public."

My head starts feeling a little lighter and my hands instantly turn cold.

"I... I don't k-know if I can d-do that..." my words are a stutter.

Attention from more than a few people itself scares me, and the whole world? Nope. Out of the question. I'll pass out.

"Don't worry, dear. It'll only last a minute, the most."  His mother gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Khans take public image really seriously." Abbu comments.

Yasir's mother sighs. "Asad wants everything to be perfect. Not a single hair out of place. Noor is now his pride and joy."

This only makes it worst. Pride and joy? Not a single hair out of place? I thought I was really nervous a minute ago but now I'm close to just nullifying my nikkah.

I can't feel my hands or legs. My face is frozen and I'm sure I just stopped breathing.

Farrah notices and quickly tells me breathe in and out. "You'll be fine. It's just a minute. Just think of this as your moment to be a queen for a bit."

Everyone tries to calm me down but my heart is about to pop out of my ribcage.

I can tell I'm spoiling the mood and making everyone worry so I put on my best smile. "Let's do this! It's my day tonight and I'll have fun while I'm at it!"

Everyone breaks into a relaxed posture, grinning at me.

Mr. Asad picks up Abbu from the entrance and takes him to meet the guests. Yasir's mother wraps the shawl around me and sneaks me into the elevator that leads to the top of the stairs so nobody would see.

I have Ayesha and Farrah come with me or else I know for sure that I'd faint or throw up.

"You can do this... you can do this... you can do this..." I say as I pat my chest over and over again to stop my heart from beating so hard.