[ 8 ]

- Noor's POV -

Just as I guessed, his house could be considered a modern day mansion. We had to go through two gates before actually driving onto his property that leads to the home.

This home looks fit for a king. I stare around at the huge fountain in the middle of the driveway, the rose bushes surrounding the property. It must cost a fortune to keep up appearances.

I can't even take care of one plant, it dies within days because I'm stupid and forgetful.

I follow him inside only to be left speechless again. I couldn't even describe how big the entrance is.

"Can I ask a favour?"

"Is it a reasonable favour?" He isn't in a good mood.

"Can... can I work in the kitchen?" My voice is quiet.

"What?" He looks at me in confusion.

"Can I work on the contracts in the kitchen?" I repeat myself.

He blinks a few times, trying to understand why I would say that but gives up.

"Doesn't matter. As long as it gets done." He sighs.

There's another questioning burning at the back of my mind.

What's his relationship with Nadira? She calls him darling but she apparently has a husband so what's the deal?

Maybe that's why Lateef was so angry. Someone spill the tea to me because all of this sound fu—

"Do you understand?" He interrupts my thoughts.

"Sorry?"

"Can you not fucking zone out for once?" He's gritting his teeth.

"I didn't mean to... I'm just—I'm just a little tired." I stutter.

He shows me to the kitchen and I sit on the barstool in front of the granite counter that's in the middle of the kitchen.

A few minutes later, he comes back with a bunch of papers in his hand and places them on the counter. "Do not move from here. Do not roam around. Do not disturb me. If you need me, text me." He says. "I'll be upstairs."

I nod.

That's unfair. He gets to wind down while I have to work.

Five minutes after he left, his driver dropped off shawarma for me. I'm sure my face lit up when I saw the food because his driver commented how I look like I found gold.

As I ate and corrected some of the terms and conditions of the contract, I get a tap on my shoulder.

I turn to see a beautiful, tall brunette. "Hi, I'm looking for Yasir."

"Uh, he's upstairs." I say as my mouth is stuffed with food.

"Thank you." She smiles and walks towards the stairs.

Half an hour into working, I have finished all the strawberries he had in his fridge and almost half way through the grapes.

I should stop. This isn't my house.

There's this one page I'm stuck on and I've texted him multiple times with no reply. I just need to finish this and I can go home.

I know he said not to disturb him but I need to finish this page. So, I decide to go upstairs.

There's a loud banging coming from one of the rooms on the right and the closer I get the louder the banging gets. Then, I hear moaning and groaning.