𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 /Kageyama Tobio/

Originally: 0,9kEdited: 1,1k TW: neglect, breakup Angst____________________

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Originally: 0,9k
Edited: 1,1k
TW: neglect, breakup
Angst
____________________

As the day was slowly ending, (Name) was waiting for her boyfriend Kageyama Tobio to at least text her that he got home safe from practice. She sat on her bed, a small smile on her face, hoping that he didn't forget again.

That he didn't forget (Name)'s birthday.

Everyone knew that (Name) and Kageyama dated, but no one knew what was happening.

They didn't know that the so perfect couple was breaking apart, scrambled last pieces blown away by the wind of despair as their love disappeared and the only thing left was the fake replacement called toxic relationship.

As time passed and the sun was long gone, not a single message from him came.

Last year, he forgot. They were dating for 3 years already. Yes, they were dating for all long 3 years. But ever since 1st year of high school Kageyama became distant. And (Name) knew why. Kageyama became more addicted to volleyball.

He was passionate about volleyball. He adored that sport since he was a kid, so she couldn't blame him. Even though it was clear that he didn't have time for her anymore.

Weeks passed since they last saw each other.

Sure, they are still texting each other but it doesn't even last 10 minutes. They can't even keep up a conversation.

Slowly she stood up and looked at the time on her phone. The screen shined and the light hit her face showing her numbers representing the time.

10:33 pm

He should have been home by now for at least 3 hours. Everything seemed just so fake between them. It was like the only spark that was left, slowly disappeared. It was like they couldn't save the last bit of their relationship anymore.

YOU
Hi Tobio~
How was practice?
Did you eat well? I hope you did. I had ramen for dinner (⌒▽⌒)
22:45

(Name) waited and waited but he left her on read. He was tired and she knew it, but never let him go. She was scared.
The (H/C) haired girl just sighed. Her smile fell down as the mask she always wore to mask her pain disappeared.

"I'll take a small walk..."

(Name) grabbed her jacket, put on her shoes, and headed outside. The streets were quiet and no one was around. (Name) didn't know where she was going but she still kept on walking. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and with the hope that Kageyama finally messaged her, she opened her phone, disappointed but still happy that someone remembered her birthday, but sadly it wasn't Kageyama.

Sugawara momma~
Happy birthday my daughter~🥺🎂
You're growing up so fast! Daichi and Asahi are saying happy birthday to you too!🎂
22:57

YOU
Thank you so much, momma! Say hi to dadchi and bearsahi for me!❤️
22:58

NOYAAA SAAAN
Eyy happy b-day koala!😸😎I hope I didn't wake you up!
Can you come tomorrow with the team and me to get ice cream? It's gonna be a little late present from us to you!
22:54

YOU
THANK YOU NOYA!🥰
Sure, I can come tomorrow~
22:58

(Name) replied with a big smile on her face. Maybe it wasn't that bad.

When she looked up, she saw a small hill in front of her. (Name) without thinking just climbed up and laid down. She was staring at the stars and at the beautiful moon.

The moon always brings her peace and love. The thing hanging on the sky only at night made her feel more love than Kageyama did. Pathetic.

"(Name)..?"
She heard and froze. She slowly sat up and turned around.

There he was. Standing in his jacket and blue scarf around his neck. His beautiful eyes shined in the moonlight, his plump pink lips were slightly apart and his cheeks were red from the cold outside.

Kageyama Tobio has finally shown up.

"What are you doing here? It's late and cold. Go back home" he said a little annoyed. It took her by surprise. What was he doing here? It was late.

"What are you doing here Tobi? I just went for a small walk. I will go back home later." (Name) said while she smiled slightly with pain in her eyes. What was that annoyance in his voice? What did she do?

"I went for fresh air. Really just go home. It's not safe out here." he said and slowly sat beside her. But she didn't move at all. It was like she froze to the ground.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying."

"Hm?"

"Tell me, Kageyama. What happened between us? The spark left us and you know that, so why are you still with me? You're tired, aren't you?"

As she said, his eyes widened at the sentence that just slipped out of her lips. He didn't know why he was acting that way too. But deep down he knew that he was tired of the relationship. Tired of all those lies he told her. But he didn't want to hurt her. It would hurt him too. He stopped texting her like he used to do, and he gave all his free time to volleyball.

But mostly, he didn't know why it hurt his heart like stabbing knives when she said his last name so coldly instead of calling him warmly by his first name.

"I am dumb (Name)... Everything changed and I am sorry," he said and silence filled the awkward tension between them.

"I think I fell out of love. But I still get the warm feeling when you smile at me. I'm confused, I don't know. I'm sorry but I want to focus on volleyball first. I know it's cruel to say but I think that I will put volleyball in the first place." he said slowly but carefully. He didn't know what was the heartbreaking feeling he was feeling when he said that.

"I understand... I'm sorry for wasting your time." (Name) said looking down with a little shaking voice.

"What are you talking about?.." he asked a little bit scared. Even though he fell out of love, the relationship turned toxic and everything fell apart, he didn't want to end it.

It was like the only thing that kept him sane was (Name) but at the same time, she was the person that he didn't love anymore. Or so he thought.

"The moon is beautiful, right?" she asked and looked up. Hot overfalling tears. She was crying and smiling at the same time while looking at the moon. It looked like she let out the tears she held in for so long.

"U-Um yeah, It's pretty," Kageyama said and slowly wiped her tears out of her face.

"Don't cry idiot..." he said still confused but the pain was running through his body. Her tears were keeping him asking if he did the right thing.

She slowly turned her head to him and smiled yet again with closed eyes. He widened his eyes when he felt her hands cupped his cheeks. How he missed the times when (Name) did that.

"Let's break up Kageyama. For our own good"

Edited✔️