ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ... ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ /Kenma Kozume/

(Requested)
Zombie apocalypse au

TW: death, suicide, blood

Angst
__________________________

The world turned dark and no one thought that zombies could be real. But nothing was doing good in this world. That year was the worst. Found a new deadly virus that attacked peoples brains and turned them into zombies that craved humans flesh. And as the virus spread, half of the population was attacked and just those who survived were trying to find the cure.

One of those survivors was (Name) and Kenma. Both of them are still barely surviving. They were on a date when the virus spread into their town. But it wasn't just them. A few of their closest friends were still alive with them. Kuroo, Bokuto, and Yachi. The other ones... didn't survive. They were all dead. And they left these 5 to fight and survive on their own.

"(Name)..." whispered Kenma and held her hands in his. Both of them were scared inside but they needed to fight to protect each other. "Kenma... we're going to be together forever right? We will survive this and have the nice family that we always wanted," she whispered with tears in her eyes. They were hiding in one room in the abandoned building. Kuroo and Bokuto were with them but suddenly a group of zombies arrived and they needed to take them down.

So they send Kenma and (Name) to go on without them. But they met another group of zombies and quickly hid in the room. Sure they had weapons but it would just make loud noises that would bring Kuroo and Bokuto more problems. Yachi was in safe the camp by herself just to tune the radio and trying to find help. They knew that the zombies would arrive soon so they didn't have much time.

"We'll survive this... I promise," he mumbled and kissed her passionately as they knew that the unwelcoming zombies would be there in a few moments. "I love you," Kenma kissed her nose and tears shone in his eyes. He knew that one of them needs to die so that the other one could live and run away. But he didn't know which one of them would it be. "I love you too... Forever," she sobbed a little. Suddenly a huge crash sounded through the room and the ones they didn't want to see arrived.

"Quick, hide behind me," he said louder and started shooting the zombies. (Name) hid behind him and pulled out her gun and started shooting. They tried to take them all down but there were a lot of them. Kenma just noticed that (Name) almost ran out of bullets so he did one thing.

He pulled out his knife and charged at them. He sliced their throats and stabbed them to death. He couldn't waste the bullets in his gun or they'll be both dead. He killed one zombie when he saw two zombies almost bite (Name) from behind her. How did they get behind her? No one knows. "(Name)!" Kenma yelled and he ran to them. He put his hand right in front of her shoulder so the zombies bit his hand. "Agh-" he whined and kicked them to the side. "Kenma No!" (Name) shouted and pulled out her knife as the bullets in her gun were gone.

"Fuck- (Name) keep going!" he shouted and charged at the ones that almost killed her. "Kenma stop please!" she shouted in despair. Her boyfriend was dying and she knew. The black stains that were creating on his hand symbolized that he was close to death. "I will protect you no matter what!" he shouted and killed another zombie. "Kenma..." she cried. Suddenly she tripped over a chair and she fell. The zombies turned their attention to her and charged at her.

"(Name)!" echoed through the room as Kenma jumped in from of her so she survived and the zombies landed on Kenma. They were all laying on Kenma. His body was trembling on the ground as other zombies charged at him. "Kenma!" she yelled and tried to shoot but forgot that she was out of bullets. "Run!" he yelled with all his might. He tossed his gun to her that had still a few bullets. "NO!" she screamed and shot one down. "Don't- don't waste the bullets on thos- those," he coughed up blood and a puddle of blood was forming around him as the zombies were slowly killing him.

"Run away... protect yourself," he whispered and his eyes were losing the light in them. "No..." she cried and wanted to help him but he stopped her. His last sweet smile and his last breath with the words that she loved hearing from him so dearly. "I love you..." he whispered and he slowly closed his eyes. "NO!" she yelled. 'Run away' echoed in her head.

"I'm so sorry, love" she cried and hesitantly ran from the room to get Bokuto and Kuroo. She ran and shot the zombies that got in her way. "(Name)!" she heard Kuroo and turned around. They were waiting in the car. She quickly hopped into the car and closed the door. 'I don't want to leave him' the tears never ended and her heart was aching so bad. "Where is Kenma?!" said loudly Bokuto and looked around. When he saw her face, he understood. And it sure pained him too. "Kuroo... drive" he mumbled and Kuroo understood.

(Name) looked out of the window to see the building where her love died slowly getting out of their view.

That night, (Name) was sitting far from the others. She sat on the cliff near their safe camp. The gun from Kenma in her hands and the pain filling her body. 'Kenma...'

"Run away... protect yourself," he whispered and his eyes were losing the light in them.

"How can I be happy without you?!" she cried and she chocked a little on her tears. "I'm so sorry..." she cried and pointed the gun to her head. "I'm sorry that your death went to waste..."

"I love you"

BANG