𝓡𝓮𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 /Lev Haiba/

TW: reader being replaced, breakup

Angst-fluff
___________________________

He told her that he loved her. So why was he walking side by side with another girl? He told her that he will cherish her forever. So why did he left her so quickly out of a sudden? Without explanation in the middle of the park under the lamp. Even though she was a mess, he left with a pitiful face and an apology. He really did love her but the words he told her confused her the most.

"I am so sorry (Name)..." Lev told her with an expression that she couldn't recognize. It was so strange that it seemed so unreal to her. "Please... tell me you're joking..." she whispered with her head lowered as her heart was pounding against her chest. She felt helpless as she knew that he wasn't joking but for the sake of her mind she wanted to hear it clearly from him. "Tell me t-that you are not in love with an a-another girl," (Name) stuttered whilst her tears rolled down her cheeks. She tried to hold them but the reality hit her and her tears were unstoppable.

His heart was breaking just looking at her broken form. He wanted to pull her into a hug but he knew that after she found out about his feelings, he would just get pushed away. It would break his heart for sure because this girl, held a really special place in his heart. "I really do love you (Name) and I always loved you. But this girl just means something special to me and I think I am in love with her more than I am with you. I tried to love you but she just means something really important to me," he said embarrassed of his own actions.

The words were burned into her mind as she couldn't get his words out of her head. That girl... was she better than (Name)? Of course, she wasn't. (Name) was a really caring girl with kindness on the highest level. She was the definition of beautiful but the guy in front of her just didn't realize what he was losing at that moment. He didn't realize that he was just losing the best girl he could ever have. "So you choose her instead of me," she mumbled trying to process the fact that the boy she loved was going to leave her so soon.

"I am so sorry... I don't deserve you," he mumbled with sadness in his voice. He knew that she was the kindest person he could have ever met but she wasn't for him. He was too selfish to have her.

That was a few months ago. Because of unknown reason, Lev and that girl broke up after 3 months. They didn't even date for that long and no one knew why did they break up so fast. 'Why am I thinking about it again...' (Name) slapped her forehead and tried to think about different things that didn't include her ex-boyfriend. 'I just miss him so much...' she sighed and placed her head on her desk, not listening to the teacher. She started humming quietly her favorite song as she tried to ignore the intense stare she felt on the back of her head. 'He needs to keep staring at me all the time huh..?' she thought annoyed as she felt the intense stare of Lev for another 3 minutes.

'That's enough,' she thought and stood up, gaining the attention of her class and the teacher. "Miss, may I use the bathroom?" she asked and the teacher just nodded still surprised at the girl's behavior. (Name) quickly walked out of the class and walked down the halls. She wasn't heading to the bathroom. She just wanted to escape the stare of her ex-boyfriend that was bothering her.

"Why did I even fell in love with him...?" she asked herself as she stood in front of her locker. 'Why did I...' her head was full of the memories with him. The times when he used to cherish her. When he used to love her more than himself. He was her first at everything. Her first love, her first kiss, her first date, and 'her first'. The first person who made her feel like that. But she was just replaced so easily by another girl. She didn't matter to him that much or...?

"Heh..." she chuckled and placed her hand on her locker remembering the times when he was teasingly leaning on it so when she wanted to open it, she needed to make the password to get to her locker. And the password was a kiss on his lips. Such a tease. "Stop thinking about him..." she said to herself and pulled her hand towards her chest like she was burned by the memory.

"You are still not over me," a voice sounded through the empty hall. (Name) got startled whilst she turned at the direction of that voice. And there he stood. Lev with his face full of expressions that (Name) hated to see on him. Sadness, regret, guilt, and anger. Negative emotions never suited him as he was a ball of sunshine. But he lost his shine a long time ago so it didn't matter anymore.

"What are you doing here," she asked bitterly as he looked at her with a puzzled face. "I should be the one asking you, don't you think?" he said with a caring tone that made her angrier at herself. The more she saw him caring and regretting his actions the more she fell in love with him. She didn't want to get burn again though.

"It's none of your business. Go after your girlfriend," she said even though she knew that he wasn't with that girl anymore. His breath hitched in his throat as he stared at her with guilt written all over his face. "You know what happened," he said and came closer. She noticed him getting closer to her so she stepped back as her back touched the locker. 'Shit' she thought and hung her head low.

"I'm sorry (Name)," her eyes widened as she didn't hear any sarcasm in his voice. He was telling the truth. "Keep it to yourself. I lost all my hope a few months ago. I was so pathetic to think about you ever loving me again. I knew that it was your fault to choose her over me but I still thought that something was wrong with me even though you said that it wasn't. I kept on trying to block you out of my mind every night but it felt like you are going to be in my head forever. I thought that you will come back to me saying that it was all just a silly prank but you never came. I was waiting for weeks until I fully realized that I was no longer the person you adored so much. That you just replaced me with another girl so quickly without a proper explanation. I realized that I love you even after all this time-"

Her speech that full of pain and truth that she was holding in for so long was interrupted by a sudden kiss of the taller boy. She didn't notice him coming to her so she was in shock for a few seconds. She didn't pull away though. Lev had his hand above (Name)'s head as he was leaning closer to her to deeper the soft kiss. After a few seconds, Lev pulled away panting a little. "Why did you do that," (Name) mumbled looking into his eyes as tears swelled in her own eyes. "Even though you don't love me,"

"Don't say that bullshit anymore!" he raised his voice, making (Name) flinch a little. "Don't say... that. I am so sorry alright? I fucked up so bad and I regret it every night when I think about you. Your smile keeps on replaying in my mind and it hurts me to know that I wasn't the person to make you smile like that for months. I thought that I love her even though I was in love with you more than with anyone else in this world. I was so dumb to think that I was in love with her when I craved for your presence when I was with her," he confessed and held her hands in his big ones.

"And I realized that I would be never able to stop loving you," he said and squeezed them a little. The tears that she held in started to come out as she realized that her suffering may be ended. A sudden ring of the school bell startled them both as they saw a few students running out of their classroom. "Oh no-" (Name) tried to wipe her tears away when a hoodie landed on her head covering her face so the others won't be able to see her tears. "You can let it all out, don't worry," she heard Lev and her head was pulled to his chest. "No one can separate me from you anymore," he smiled a little.

"I love you,"