11. Friends

ENO

The drive to Jakes' house is awkwardly silent.
I know I really have to explain why I'm at his door earlier. Maybe his curious too.
But his happy aura is so frustratingly unhelpful.

Ugh! Just say it then leave it.

OK.OK.

Calming myself I looked at him at the rearview mirror.

His driving and I'm at the backseat .

"I'm sorry."

He looked at her curiously." For what?"

"I'm sorry for being difficult last night. I'm- I'm really not good at conversing with normal people or having someone looking for me. I'm use to being alone and depends on myself. I-I never had a friend before." Looking outside I explained to him though the last part comes out a whisper but I'm sure he heard it because his brows furrowed.

"Normal people? What do you mean by that?" his looking at me intently.

"Hmm..like...normal..like you. I'm used to harsh and abusive people."I looked at him. maybe if he know my past ,we can be friends.

"WHAT??!" he looked shock and disturbed.
"What do you mean abusive?" surprisingly his voice came out soft.

"Yeah. I-I was abused since childhood. I was isolated. He treated me harshly and cruelly. I'm a killing puppet." my voice trembled.

Realizing now that my life is so pathetic. I can always fight for myself but I let him abused me. I didn't fight back. I'm a coward when it comes to my father.

"W-who? Who did it to you?" his voice is cold. His gripping the streering wheel firmly ,knuckles becoming white.

I appreciate his concern .Something tugged at my heart.

Locking my eyes at him ,I smile sadly.
"My father."

----

JAKE

I don't know what to say. I fell silent hearing her answer.

Her own blood and flesh. Her own father. A father who should treat his daughter like a princess. Who should protect his daughter like their shield. Who should love her and cherish her. But her father, abused his own daughter ,leaving scars and damaged her being.

My heart ache for Eno. That explains her coldness and reserved personality. She was alone all her life. She never had a real loving family.

When I thought of discovering her ,I never in a million years would expected about her own Father being cruel to her. She's a woman ,a girl ,a kid.

I maybe a asshole to some woman but I'll never use my hands on them. Well ,I used it in the pleasurable way though.

Eno is truly incredible. Some woman with that experienced have ,mostly gone crazy. But her, she escape that unfortunate fate to somehow ,change her way of life.
The old man said that Eno swore her life to him ,I also heard it before.

I feel like someone stab me for the hundred times. It feel heavy in my chest.

I will help her change her life.

"Don't worry Eno. I'll be your first friend. You can count on me and Dad. We are your family now."

I saw her trying to stop her tears. She look at me smiling.
Something in my inside melt and I feel light.
"Thank you Jake."
I returned her smile warmly.