15. Emilia Stone

ENO

"You are Emi-" He stoped himself before he can say more.

"Who's me?" I asked with a frown. What was he talking about?

"I - I .." he looked lost with his own discovery but he silently walk close to her and lightly touch her cheeks.

I freeze with his touch. The first time he acted something like this with her. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry."

That caught me off guard I steped back. "Wha-."

He only grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him ,hug me like his full of regrets to my surprise. I can feel his shakiness ,and rugged breaths.
My head swirl with feelings I can't catch up with.
My cheeks is tightly press to his hard chest.

" I'm sorry for everything you went through ,Eno. I'm so sorry." I feel him kiss the top of my head.

I am shock to the core ,no one ever did something like this. Embrace and show her such affection. It's warm.

'Why is he apologizing?'

"Why are you saying sorry? And why are you embracing me ,Jake?" my voice kind of muffle to his arms ,that rested around my shoulders.

He slowly let me go and take a two steps back. His head hung down low ,his hands on his jean pockets.

"I came here to tell you something." doubt on his tone.

"What is it?" though I have a clue to what he wants to talk about ,but I think he already knows it.

I nod my head to the couch and we both sit on it. I crossed my arms to my chest then I realize I have no bra on.
I feel my face heating up I reached for the couch pillow and hug it.

When I look at Jake he was oblivious to my harden nipples.
I feel weird stirring up my stomach.

'Thank God for small mercy.'

But I almost kicked him when his eyes stays on my expose legs.

I clear my throat while putting a fisted hand on my close mouth. Eyeing him sideways I saw him stiffen.

"I - I , sorry." He clear his throat and look at her in the eyes. His features soften staring at her eyes.

'His hiding something from me .'

"Does David tell you the story of his life ,especially Veronica,my m-mother?" he smile sadly mentioning his mother.

Though it's not the topic I want to hear ,I'm still curious about Jake. It's the first time he mention his mother.
Something tugged at my heart seeing him sad and knowing that I'll never meet his mother.

"She was killed by a freak accident right? I'm sorry about it Jake."

"T-Thank you, E. Have David mention their lost daughter? She was kidnapped the second day my mother died."

I gasp. David have a daughter and she was kidnapped? How could someone be so heartless.

'Biggest example ,your father?'

'Yeah right.'

And what's with that nickname ,E. Now my heart beats double up.

"What do you mean lost?" having weird feelings about this.

"Yes. She was abducted twenty years ago. David haven't found her till now. He searched for her through the years but couldn't find her."