𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIX:THE RESERVATION

CHAPTER SIX:
THE RESERVATION

ECHO SWAN PULLED UP at the reservation. It hasn't changed, nothing in the small town of Forks does. Echo got off of her bike, stuffing her keys into her back pocket. She walked up to the home of Billy Black and knocked on the door. She waited patiently, looking around at the surrounding forest with a small smile. She remembered coming down here as a kid, watching Bella make a fool of herself as she played with Billy's son, Jacob.

She remembered the laughs as she and Sam Uley would play fight with one another like the rowdy children they were, of course Sam was a couple years older than her which deemed him the protective older brother. She had always been close with him until she and Bella had stopped coming down to Forks.

The door swung open causing Echo to turn her head. Billy Black looked up at her from his wheel chair and Echo sent him a smile.

"Hey, Billy. Long time no see." She spoke.

"Well if it isn't the Echo Swan." Billy laughed causing Echo's smile to widen. He moved out of the way motioning her into the house as he said, "How've you been? You've grown since the last I saw you."

"I just got back from Russia, so being home after five years is wonderful. I haven't seen Bella yet so that ought to be a fun experience."

"Can I get you anything?" He asked. Echo smiled but shook her head no.

"No, I'm good. I'll only be here for a little while, I have to pick Isabella up from school this afternoon." Echo answered. Billy nodded his head.

"I'm sure Sam would love to see you." Billy spoke and Echo's smile widened.

"I would sure hope so. It's been a minute since we've had a real conversation." The door opened and closed again causing the two adults to turn theirs heads. There stood Jacob Black who was looking at her like she was a stranger.

"Echo, you remember my son, Jacob. Jacob, this is Bella's older sister, Echo."

"You were Sam's friend were you not?" Jacob asked. Echo nodded her head.

"That I was." She stood and the two exchanged a hug. "Where is he, if I may ask?"

"Come on, I'll bring you to him." Jacob said before opening the door again and walking outside. Echo turned her head to look at Billy giving him a small smile.

"It was good to see you again, Echo. Don't be a stranger."

"I won't be." She smiled before following after Jacob, closing the door behind her. They started their way to Sam's house in a comfortable silence until Jacob broke it.

"I know that Bella had been writing you, she told me that when she came down here the other month. She was getting really worried about you Echo. The month before last and part of last month, I don't know what happened but she locked herself away in her room, leaving only to go to school." Jacob explained. Echo let out a sigh as she stuffed her hands in her back pockets.