𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER THIRTY:TRAINING SESSION

CHAPTER THIRTY:
TRAINING SESSION

"I THOUGHT NOTHING HAPPENED in this town. Bella, you lied to me." Echo commented.

"A lot has happened in the past two years." Bella held her hands up in defense. Echo glared at the girl.

"A lot is an understatement." Echo mumbled.

"Stop being mean."

"I'm not being mean." Echo argued. It was the next day and the vampires were supposed to be having a training session with the werewolves. Echo had managed to get in touch with Sam the night prior and had convinced him to help. Now, the two siblings were sitting on opposite sides of the Cullen's living room, having their current conversation.

"You are being mean."

"You haven't seen mean." Echo stated. "I simply stated something and now I'm accused of being mean." She rose her hands in disbelief.

"Accused is a strong word." Bella spoke.

"Is that too big of a word for you, Isa?" Echo joked. Bella sent a glare toward the brunette who simply let out a laugh of amusement. "And you wonder why I left home."

"Now that was mean." Carlisle commented as he sat down on the couch beside of Echo. He handed her a chocolate milkshake and she thanked him.

"I guess that was mean."

"Oh, so you'll listen to him, but not your own sister? I see."

"Hey, you'd do the same and you know it." Echo pointed out, taking a sip of the chocolate drink. Bella opened her mouth for a comeback, but closed it instead causing Echo to smile in triumph. "See, I told you. I win every time."

"I hate you." Bella mumbled.

"I know, so does everyone else." Echo smiled.

Carlisle looked to Bella as he asked, "Why does she say that every time you or someone else says they hate her."

"Defense mechanism." The two Swan siblings spoke in unison. Carlisle shook his head before wrapping an arm around Echo's shoulders. She leaned into his side and he kissed her on the top of the head.

"Hey, what time is it?" Echo asked, taking another sip of her drink.

"Time for you to get a watch." Bella mumbled.

"I should hit you for that comeback."

"I disagree with that statement." Bella smiled. "Besides, I had the opportunity and I had to take it."

"How are we even related?"

"That's a question I ask myself everyday." Bella shrugged and smiled at Echo who held fake offense.