𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:THE INTRUDER

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:
THE INTRUDER

ECHO DIDN'T KNOW WHAT to do. She was on her way to the airport to pick Edward and Bella up and her thoughts were buzzing in her mind. How was she supposed to tell her sister? She didn't even want to go back, but she didn't really have a choice. Bella and Edward entered the vehicle and she plastered a smile on her face.

"How was your trip?" Echo asked, pulling out of the airport parking lot and making her way back to Forks.

"It was good." Bella nodded. Echo nodded her head before holding out two CD's for Bella to chose. Bella paused her conversation with Edward and looked at the two CD's before choosing the blue one that read Echo's mixtape on it. Echo inserted the CD, a small smile coming on her face when The Scientist by Coldplay came on. She ignored the conversation going on between the couple in the backseat. She sorely focused on the road as well as the music, hoping that it would keep her mind distracted.

Echo pulled into the driveway, her eyebrows furrowing when she saw Jacob Black standing in front of their house.

"If I asked you to stay in the car would you?" Edward asked Bella, getting out of the car. Echo and Bella both followed the vampire causing him to sigh. "Of course not."

"Charlie said you left town." Jacob spoke to Bella. Echo watched from afar, leaning on the hood of her car.

"Yeah, to visit my mom. Why?" Bella pondered.

"He's checking to see if you're still human." Edward scoffed, an amused and annoyed smile forming on her face. Echo visibly tensed at the words.

"Look, I'm here to warn you. If your kind come on our land again..."

"Wait, what?" Both Echo and Bella questioned.

"You didn't tell her?" Jacob asked, looking at the vampire.

"Just leave it alone, Jacob." Edward pushed.

"Tell me what?" Bella butted in.

"Emmet and Paul had a misunderstanding. There's nothing to worry about." Edward told the youngest Swan.

"Listen to you, did you lie to get her out of town?" Jacob questioned, stepping closer toward the vampire. Echo rolled her eyes. This was why she hated teenagers.

"Just leave. Now." Edward growled.

"She has a right to know. She's the one the red hair wants. Well, her and her sister of course." Jacob spoke.

"Victoria? Alice's vision." Bella asked.

"I was trying to protect you." Edward defended.

"By lying to me!" Bella shouted.