𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER FORTY:HEALING

CHAPTER FORTY:
HEALING

"HEY, BELLS. HOW ARE you feeling?" Echo asked as she kneeled down beside of the place her sister was currently laying.

"Fat." Bella mumbled. Echo smiled with amusement before grabbing Bella's outstretched hand. She looked awful. Her face was sunken in and her stomach was rapidly growing. It was worrying Echo greatly. As soon as Echo had touch her sister, the life started to come back to her face. The group of vampires all watched with surprise, except for Echo who was being oblivious. "Whatever you're doing, it's making me feel better."

"I'm not doing anything." Echo told her, looking up from the carpet. Her eyebrows raised with surprise when she noticed her sisters face was filled back in. "I take that back. Apparently I am doing something. Hey Carlisle, what am I doing?" She turned her head to face her lover, her hand still staying latched onto Bella's.

"It looks like you're healing her." Carlisle told her.

"What, so my healing powers from before can now be spread to other people?" Echo asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"It appears so."

"Damn, I thought I had gotten rid of it. Not that I'm complaining 'cause it's helping you." Echo stated, looking back at her sister with a soft smile. Suddenly, Jacob Black enters the home and Bella sends him a small smile.

"I'm glad you came." He started forward, but Rosalie stopped him.

"Close enough." Rosalie growled.

"What's your problem?" Jacob asked.

"Rose, it's okay." Bella assured.

"You look terrible." Jacob comments. Echo rolls her eyes.

"Yeah. It's nice to see you too." Bella replied. Echo slowly removed her hand from Bella and stood up straight when the wolf walked toward her sister.

"So are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?" Jacob asked.

"E, Rose, will you help me up?" The two girls each grabbed one side of her as Bella removed the quilt that was covering her stomach. Jacob looked at her stomach as the two helped her towards him. Jacob turned to Edward with anger.

"You did this!"

"At least I'm not the only one that had that reaction." Echo mumbled.

"I didn't know it was even possible." Carlisle stated, trying to prevent another attack on Edward.

"What is it?" Jacob asked.

"I'm not sure. Ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the embryonic sack." Carlisle explained.

"I can't see it either and I can't see Bella's future anymore." Alice told the group. Echo gave her sister a worried glance before looking back at Jacob.