𝐓𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN:DR

CHAPTER TEN:
DR. CARLISLE CULLEN

CARLISLE SAT DOWN AT his desk and watched as Echo examined his office. When she was done exploring, she looked at him. Her dark brown eyes meeting his gold ones and he instantly inhaled sharply. Echo noticed. She cocked an eyebrow at him and he just sent her a small smile.

"Let's get started shall we?" Echo nodded her head and waited for a moment. "It says that you were an army doctor for several years?"

"Yes, I was." Echo approved and he nodded his head.

"Why do I even have to give you an interview if you were a doctor for five years?" He mumbled, mostly to himself but Echo heard him.

"I was wondering the same thing," Echo responded.

"Well, just tell me about yourself and what you've experienced in the work force." Echo nodded her head before pausing to think. Once she got her thoughts together, she spoke.

"I've experienced simple things like cuts and broken bones, to stab wounds and bullet wounds. I've had to amputate someone's leg before. I've went through so many scenarios that I could probably get through anything you throw at me." She paused, cringing at her words. "Wow, that sounded so cocky. It wasn't meant to be, I'm so sorry."

Carlisle only chuckled in response before waving the girl off. "It is quite alright, Miss Swan."

"Please, if I get to call you Carlisle you can call me Echo." Echo kindly said with a small smile. The doctor nodded his head at the girl, a smile of his own crossing his features.

"Alright, Echo it is then. Unique name by the way, I like it."

"Why thank you. I like yours as well." Echo complimented.

"You're Chief Swan's daughter, correct?" He asked. Echo nodded her head. "He never mentioned he had another daughter."

Echo sighed. "Well, the last time I saw him was about ten or so years ago. And then I went into the army to be a doctor, all of my family members were against me going because they thought I was going to get myself killed."

"How would you get yourself killed if you were the one keeping people from dying?" Carlisle asked with pure curiosity. Echo let a sheepish smile cross her features before she answered.

"Because, I wasn't just an army doctor. I was an agent as well." Carlisle rose his eyebrows in surprise and Echo chuckled. "Yeah, I know."

"Is that why you look uncomfortable in the clothes you're wearing?" Echo nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm not the kind to really dress up. I absolutely hate dresses."

"Never say that sentence in front of my daughter, she would have a heart attack." Echo chuckled lightly. She didn't know why, but she was comfortable around Carlisle, and she didn't like it at all. He made her laugh easily, which wasn't too easy to accomplish when it came to strangers. He made her feel things that she hated feeling. It made her nauseous.

"I met your son briefly. Edward, I think was his name. He's dating Bella, my little sister in case you haven't already figured that out. Just know that if he does anything to harm my sister then I will have to unfortunately murder your son."

Carlisle chuckled as he said, "Please don't murder my son."

"No promises," Echo shrugged. She then furrowed her eyebrows as she thought back to the day before when she had actually met him and how when she had looked at him from getting on her motorcycle there were four others that had appeared. "Out of curiosity, how many children do you have."

"They're not my biological children, they're all adopted of course." He informed and Echo nodded her head. "But there's Edward, Alice, Rosalie, Emmet, and Jasper."

"You have five adopted children?" Echo asked with raised eyebrows. "Is there a mother that's helping you raise them?"

Carlisle let a sad smile cross his face and Echo immediately felt bad for asking the question. "I'm sorry if I hit a nerve, you don't have to answer that."

"No, no. It's alright. She left about a year ago. But we left on good terms, so there's no bad blood." He explained.

"I'm sorry." Echo apologized. Carlisle sent the woman a small smile as he slightly shook his head, waving her off.

"No, it's quite alright." Carlisle sighed before standing up, Echo doing the same. "Well, seems you're all good. You can start as early as Monday."

"Thank you so much," Echo smiled. The two shook hands again, this time Echo not finding the coldness of his skin surprising to her. "I'll see you Monday. Take care, Carlisle."

"Same goes for you, Echo."

Echo sent him one last smile before exiting his office. She smiled at the nurse at the front desk before walking out of the hospital, the smile immediately falling from her face. She got into her car and checked the time, it was only eleven-thirty. Echo let out a sigh before making her way back to her home. There was something off about the Cullen's, and now that she had officially met the father she could tell for sure that they were different. There was a reason why Echo was good at her job. Solving a puzzle was one of her favorite things to do, and this one was already completed. She just didn't know that yet.

904 wordsAuthors note: I hate it when people make Esme the bad guy because she's so sweet

904 words
Authors note: I hate it when people make Esme the bad guy because she's so sweet. But, if you wanan make her evil, you make her evil. That's all you, but I love Esme so imma make her a sweetheart still even though she wont necessarily be present until breaking dawn.

I hoep you allenjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye lovelies!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH