𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:THE SAME QUESTIONS

THE SAME QUESTIONS

"AM I BEING IMMATURE? I feel like I'm being immature about this." Echo huffed, placing her hands over her eyes. Sam looked down at the girl from his spot behind the couch. He shrugged his shoulders.

"You're just worried for her well being. You have every right to be upset. I would be pissed too. Well, actually, I am." Sam stated. Echo removed her hands and looked up at him.

"Put aside your drama for a second, and give me real life human advice." Echo begged. Sam rolled his eyes at the girl.

"Put yourself in her shoes." Sam suggested. "If you were an eighteen-year-old that was asked to be turned by someone you loved with every ounce of your soul, would you change to make them happy or would you change because you felt like it would be your only chance to be with them for eternity?"

"I-" Echo cut herself off as she let out a sigh. "The second one. But I'm twenty-five. She's eighteen. I've been through college and everything, she's only been through high school. She can't even legally drink yet!"

"Let's just agree to disagree."

"But I don't want to agree to disagree." Echo whined.

"Oh stop being such a child." Sam rolled his eyes.

"I never got the chance to be a child so I'm doing that now." Echo defended. "Also, this conversation stays between us. If Jacob finds out-"

"He'll do something irrational. Yeah, I know." Sam spoke. "Are you going to move or are you just going to sleep on the couch."

"Nah, I'm comfortable. I'll just stay here." Echo nodded. Sam nodded his head before giving her a pillow as well as a blanket.

"Goodnight, E. Get some sleep. Don't stay up because of this." Sam sternly said. Echo nodded her head before turning on her side. She closed her eyes and was met with a dreamless sleep.

꧁꧂

Echo woke up the sound of her phone ringing. She let out a groan before squinting her eyes and grabbing the device. She looked at the caller ID only to see Bella calling. She rolled her eyes and placed her phone back down. It stopped ringing. Echo closed her eyes again, trying to get as much sleep as she could seeing as she had the night shift. Her phone rang again. She looked at it, seeing Bella's name again. She ignored it again. This time, she turned her phone completely off.

Echo dozed off again. She gained another hour of sleep before waking up to a banging on the door. Echo let out a groan.

"Go away, I'm trying to sleep!" Echo growled. The door swung open and Echo opened her eyes to see Bella standing there. Echo rolled her eyes. "Bella, I have third shift. Can we talk later?"