𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT:STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE

STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE

ECHO SAT ON THE couch with her legs crossed and her laptop in her lap. Her papers were on the arm of the white couch, her focus sorely on her work. Carlisle was leaning against the back of the couch, looking over Echo's shoulder. The TV was on and Echo's attention was dragged away from her work when they started to talk about what was going on in Seattle. Echo sighed. She knew sooner or later her boss was going to call her again.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous." Jasper spoke up. Echo was surprised.

"I don't think I have ever heard you speak before. I like the accent." Echo complimented. Jasper smirked at the woman before going back to the television.

"It's newborns." Edward informed.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella quizzed.

"The first few months after the change." Edward started.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst." Jasper finished. Echo cocked an eyebrow at the description.

"Something to look forward to." Emmett commented.

"Someone's creating an army." Carlisle stated from behind her. She leaned her head back so that she could look at him. The male looked down at her and watched as she held out her hand. He interlaced their fingers before looking back up at the others, Echo looking back down at her laptop.

"Now I'm definitely going to Seattle." Echo mumbled.

"An army of vampires?" Bella asked, looking at Edward.

"Regardless of why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them the Volturi will. I'm surprised they let it go on this long." Carlisle spoke.

"Maybe they're behind it. In Italy I read Aro's mind, he wants me and Alice to join him. He knows we'll never choose him as long as our family is still alive." Edward informed the group.

"I still have no idea who the fuck these Volturi people are." Echo spoke up.

"Echo!" Bella scolded. Echo looked at her sister and shrugged her shoulders.

"An army could solve that for him." Jasper said.

"This sounds like it's going to be a fun adventure." Echo stated.

꧁꧂

The next day, Echo showed back up to work. Alyssa smiled widely at her, giving her her coffee. Echo thanked the nurse with a small laugh. The day went by smoothly. Echo only had a few patients, nothing too severe. With ten minutes left on her shift, she walked to Carlisle's office and sat down in his chair, patiently waiting for him. She spun around in the chair as she waited.