Prologue

She walked in with dubious steps, scanning the place with awestruck eyes. Her jaw dropped as she stole a breath, appalled at how heavenly her surroundings looked. The noise around her dropped to a faint lull as she examined each detail with utmost fascination. Her nervousness had seemed to have washed away from the surprise she had just been awarded with.

A thousand people flocked around her; carrying equipment, instructing others. Some were busy adorning pillars with exquisite flowers while others made 'rangoli' patterns on the beautifully designed marble floor. She bit her lower lip in embarrassment. The nervousness had returned.

"Mallika, you'll be fine." A soothing voice resonated as she glanced at the person who had always been my pillar of strength.

"I don't know, Ma. Have I dressed too casually?" She looked down doubtingly, at her denim jeans and white hoodie.

She turned Mallika towards her and calmly rested her hands on her shoulders, "You look fine because you look you. And if someone judges you on your dressing sense, they don't deserve your attention or anything more."

Anita's eyes softened as her daughter nodded, a little less perplexed.

"I know what you mean. I haven't met them yet." Mallika's hands fidgeted with each other.

Her mother agreed, "It's a big production house. A big show. And the lead actor is--"

"I'm not nervous about the lead actor, Ma. I am nervous about the production house because they all are way more experienced in this field than I am. But the lead actor is an equal." Her daughter shrugged casually.

Anita frowned as she reminded, "He is more experienced than you too, right? This is your first show, not his."

Mallika clutched her mother's hands in assurance, "Right. But he and I are enacting roles of equal position. I don't think it'll be a problem."

Her mother caressed her cheek as she gave in, "Fine. Do as you feel right. But don't go too overboard, okay. He might not like it."

"All lead pairs are good friends. We'll be too." Mallika justified, inwardly to herself.

"All the best, darling." Anita wished her with a gentle kiss on the forehead. Mallika closed her eyes, taking in the warm positivity and confidence her mother constantly radiated.

"Thank you, Ma." She whispered as they hugged. Taking a deep breath, she smiled at her mother with a confident nod.

This was her first serious project, it should be memorable. She'd imagined it all along and had mentally prepared herself too. A dedicated crew, long hour shoots. Makeup, costume.

But she had also imagined making good friends here. Fun yet loyal. Those who'd accept her the way she was.

She had heard about her co-star, from friends and from the media. He seemed decent and hardworking; a combination she had started to admire. And yet her mind retaliated each time her heart grew fond, reminding her of the chances of the reality being the complete opposite.

There was only one way to confirm. And Mallika was quite thrilled.

"I can't wait...to be around you."

...........................................................................

A first attempt at a Sumellika Fanfic, sprung out of my admiration for the show 'RadhaKrishn' and the adoration for all the creative stories on them. :D

Do review through your votes and comments! 

#KeepSpreadingTheSumellikaMagic