Chapter 1

"Mallika Singh?" I turned on my heel at the voice. A man holding a stack of papers in one hand, clad in black uniform, waved his hands hurriedly at me. I jumped a little to identify myself as he reciprocated my grin.

"Hi, I'm Mallika." I introduced myself as I approached him. He seemed a little older than twenty-five, with rectangular glasses and a beard.

"Avinish, I'm one of the ADs here." He replied as relief washed over his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked as he sighed.

"I am now. Everyone was looking for you." He answered to which my eyes widened.

I gulped while quivering, "Um, why? I mean, is everything alright?"

Avinish smiled at that, lightening the atmosphere, "Absolutely. It's just that everyone was here."

"Wasn't the call time for 9 AM?" I queried, fishing out my phone for reconfirmation.

"And what time is it?" He asked, hiding a smirk.

"9:10." I said to which he continued to stare with raised eyebrows.

"Isn't there a fifteen minute grace period or something?" I questioned out of bewilderment.

"I'm afraid no." He shook his head with a shrug and a sheepish grin as I threw my hands.

"Well, there should be. There's always been one."

"Let's go now. Everyone's waiting." He ushered as I started walking.

"By the way, if you don't mind me asking..." Avinish began.

"Yeah, go on." I smiled as the professionalism started to wear off between us. He seemed approachable and comfortable to talk with; perhaps my first friend on this larger-than-life show.

"Are you always this punctual?" He let out a chuckle as I passed him a death stare.

"I'm quite early today...I run around thirty minutes late on a regular basis. And hey, there's something called a 'grace period'."

"Absolutely. I'll make sure to enlighten our department about this concept."

"You should." I remarked as we both shared a laugh.

He straightened soon and switched to a formal tone, "Mallika, this is the director, Arihant Sir."

A short, slightly bald man extended his arm for a handshake as I did the same.

"Hello, Sir. Apologies for the delay." I humbly spoke as he shook his head.

"It's okay. It's the first day of shoot." His chubbiness reached his plump cheeks that brightened at every smile. The only thing missing was a moustache.

"Thank you, Arihant Sir."

"Come meet the rest of the cast. I think it'll take you a while to meet the entire team." Sir explained.

"The extravagant set explains it all, Sir. And they deserve the credits for their efforts, they've done a commendable job. I'm in awe!" I appreciated, utterly fascinated.

"You'll get a chance to meet them all over the course of a few days."

"And I'll thank them personally." I completed his thought as he took a second longer to respond. He seemed to ponder upon something before expressing, "I think I see how the casting crew saw their 'Radha' in you."

"I thank God for all of this. I still can't believe my luck." I shivered in nervousness at the reality that was slowly yet steadily seeping in.

"Go on and meet the cast, everyone's here." Arihant Sir ushered me in as I sheepishly replied, "I'm aware."

As I took a few steps in the same direction I was greeted with a familiar view, only better. I could finally see the structure behind the flower adorned pillars; a mesmerising sight.

There lay a massive, circular shaped hall filled with intricate flower patterns on the marble tiles. Two rows of stairs at both ends circled their way to the top, leading to a series of orange curtain drapes. The entire set was colored in shades of blue, only the flowers of all colors gave it a vibrant effect. Vines and creepers decorated every empty gap. The view was overwhelming; I had never seen a sight like this. Never in real life. Nothing compared to it.

My gaze proceeded my steps as I moved unknown to my own conscience. I swiveled my head in all directions, trying to capture every inch of the place in my heart.

Just when I thought I couldn't stop myself from drowning in its beauty, I felt myself bump into a hard pillar.

Only it wasn't a pillar. Because it turned.

"I'm sorry." I apologized automatically, slowly opening my eyes to a captivating sight.

Green orbs. Curly black hair that ended at the neck. Lips that formed a thin line.

"I'm sorry." I repeated, only in whispers this time. I could feel his breath on my forehead as I suddenly became aware of our proximity.

Clearing my throat, I attempted at clearing his doubt-filled face, "I'm Mallika."

"Okay..?" He raised his eyebrows, one hand holding a cup of 'chai' as he softly blew on it.

"Mallika Singh? I'm playing 'Radha' on this show." My brows arched equally as I informed.

"Oh." He nodded indifferently, still focused on the drink in hand.

He turned to leave when I called out, "I think you don't remember me."

He reacted, swiveling on his toe as I met his green eyes, once again.

My lips curved on their own accord as he questioned again, "And I would know you, how?"

His voice was a deep baritone yet an edge of softness sparkled every now and then.

"I had auditioned opposite you in your previous show too. We met, though barely." I reminded, startled at how he didn't remember. He surely would recollect now.

He still looked in a daze, before shrugging, "Oh. I guess you've been following me ever since."

I crunched my brows in confusion at his absurd comment. Nevertheless I giggled a little, "That's funny."

He faltered his steps once more before I stopped him, "Isn't the set beautiful?"

"Yes it is." He plastered a fake smile and decided to leave.

"Is everything okay?" I asked in concern at his sudden dripping sarcasm.

'Look, stop it." He blurted, shocking me.

"What?" I barely spoke.

"Stop whatever you're doing. This may be your first show, it isn't mine. So get over this childish excitement of yours." He spat, clearly offending me.

"Excuse me?!" I shrieked.

"And yeah, stop flirting. It's cheap. And...you're not good at it." He continued to insult.

Before I could retort, he turned on his heel and shifted his attention back to his cup of tea.

With that he left. Left me aghast. Aghast and angry. Stunned to my core.

This wasn't how I had expected him to be. Not the least.

"What the hell, Sumedh Mudgalkar?!"

............................................................................................................

Well there you go, their first encounter! 

Do let me know what you all think of it through your votes and comments! Thank you so much for such a warm welcome on the prologue! 

#KeepSpreadingTheSumellikaMagic