Peter Barker

(A/N look... I named the chapter Peter Barker. You're welcome, children. Also! Would you guys mind if I make mini-chapters of just the characters texting? It'd make the book longer but idk if that's a problem for readers.)

His eyes felt heavy as he slumped over the table. The only feeling he had was 'tired'. Bret has decided to be very helpful and just poke at the boy till he got a reaction.

Which he didn't. It just ended up becoming a pastime. His pokes would get aggressive and then immediately softened as his focus was mainly on his phone. The two had managed to finish up their day's work early so Peter took the opportunity for a possible nap while Bret attempted to focus on whoever he was texting on his phone.

Peter groaned now flopping over on the cool desk. "What're you doing?" He asked, giving up on sleep.

"What? Besides poking you?" Bret replies casually as he readjusted his hand to type better.

"Yeah! Who're you texting?" Peter meant genuine curiosity not realizing how nosy he might've seemed so he quickly added "if you don't mind me asking of course," receiving a smile from Bret.

Bret seemed to debate something as he looked at Peter then towards his phone screen. A small smile that Peter could only assume was from a message he just received as he texted something and then finally answered Peter.

"My partner," his answer was casual and light.

"Partner?" Peter questioned. He was never sure if Bret was married and it was never brought up. However, every once in a while would the teen notice a necklace around Bret's neck that held what seemed like a wedding ring. Besides that, the only other clue Peter got of Bret being married is a worn-out picture in his boss's wallet that he got a glimpse of from the many times he's pulled it out. It was of two men one being Bret and the other he wasn't familiar with. Bret had his arm wrapped around the other and nestled right next to their legs was a large dog looking very pleased but calm.

Peter knew the dog. He was shown a few videos and pictures by Bret and they both gushed over her. It was clear both their weak spots were dogs.

"Yep," Bret swiped on his phone, his smile was replaced with a frown as he stood up. "I gotta take this," he excused himself a look on his face that Peter couldn't understand. But he just nodded.

So the boy was left on his own. Boredom seeping in as he tried getting his mind off of what happened that week. His headaches were back and not something he enjoyed dealing with. He's also realized his bruises and cuts healed much slower now. And to top it all off his senses would go off at the most unnecessary times causing panic. And yet dulled out when needed. He was a mess.

He needed to talk to Mr. Stark.

(*Line Break*)

Peter
Hello Mr. Stalker

Tony
Hi Flower

Peter
I see you fixed the sink

Tony
Yep did it last week

Peter
How much did it cost??

Tony
That's for me to know and for you to not worry about

Peter
I feel bad though... it's not like I MEANT to break it

Tony
I know kid just don't worry about it

It was nothing, I could buy a whole room of sinks and it'd be no big deal

Peter
If you say so