5.Tangled Threads

"So you are sure about it." His voice was low as if he didn't want to be heard by anyone except the person he was talking with.

"Hundred percent sir." The boy whom he was talking with sounded more than confident.

"Here is your money, remember if its not what you are telling me than I wouldn't mind to chop you into pieces." He sounded scary and the boy visibly shivered at his threat.

"Jjj.... Ji sir." He stuttered keeping the money inside his pocket.

"Find me their address." He ordered the boy and dismissed him with a flick of his hand.

"Zulfiqar Ali Shah, this time I'm prepared enough to inflict that level of pain and insult which would leave you begging for your death." His sinister laugh propagated in the darkness of the night, mixing with the hauling of wolfs from afar.

      ***

To not make it obvious, Atif was waiting for Yawar in a way that would make it look coincident.

So when he saw Yawar returning from yet another failed  interview, he stopped the car in front of him in the market place, as if he was going to buy something but turned towards Yawar with most dramatic expression, who was passing by him with a frown.

"Um excuse me.... If I'm not wrong, you are yawar uncle right?" If Uzair would have seen now, he would finally accepted his amazing acting skill.

"Yes, and you are Uzair saab's friend?" His eyes held recognition.

"Yes uncle I'm Atif Asghar, remember." He exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Of course I remember, I'm not that old you know." Atif's energy was like that only. He could easily make a person comfortable around him.

"Of course not uncle, you are very young. But what are you doing here?" At Atif's question, he seemed hesitant.

"Is there any problem? You can definitely tell me but not here. Let's go to that cafe." He said and gestured towards the cafe beside them.

Since, Yawar knew  if Atif wanted he could definitely help him. So thought to tell him everything, of course it was difficult for the man like him who has so much self respect but he didn't get any choice. He has responsibility to feed his family, who might starve to death if he doesn't do anything soon.

So he narrated everything to Atif, even though he knew everything beforehand but he listened him keenly.

"Uncle, I was searching for the accountant for my factory here. I would be glad if you take that job."  At Atif's offer he suddenly felt a huge weight lifted from his shoulders.

"Do you think I can do that job?" He still was little hesitant.

"Definitely, you can." Atif assured him.

"But there's one problem." His next sentence took away all the peace Yawar had started feeling.

"W.. What?" Even though he tried to mask his disappointment but couldn't.

"Uncle, you have to shift near my factory. You don't worry. I have built some houses there for factory workers and believe me  they are cozy." Atif explained him everything  and yawar sighed in relief.

"No problem sir, I will shift there." Yawar said with  gratitude.

"Uncle, please call me with my name." He said with a girlish pout and yawar nodded affirmatively, smiling at his childish act.

After Yawar took his leave, he smiled victoriously at the fine execution of his plan.

"Uzair would definitely feel jealous now from my extraordinary talent." He spoke to himself, straightening his imaginary collar proudly.

      ***

"Uzair, are you mad or what? Who talk to their wife like that." He scolded uzair as soon as they reached the study.

"Don't teach me what to do and what not and remember to stay away from my wife otherwise I won't mind to break your jaw." Uzair snapped at him and Atif's jaw touched the floor seeing his possessive and aggressive side.

"Our  lover boy is jealous." Finally he came out of his shocked state and  teased him whilst bumping his shoulder with his playfully.

"Cut the crap and tell me why are you here?" He literally roared.

"Calm down tiger." He said holding his hand above his head defensively.

"But on the serious note, you still scold her like before. Do you think your this attitude will let her like you?" Atif said handing him the file.

Uzair ignored him and started checking out the file.

"Uzair, confess your love to her. You are torturing yourself and her as well." Atif as a good friend suggested him.

"I was seventeen and she was twelve when I realized that I fell in love with her. I knew, my dada jaan would never approve my love and anyhow if he would come to know , he definitely would try to cross even  the extreme level to keep me away from her. So, I always acted as if I hated her but my dada jaan has hawk like eyes. He came to know and as expected he arranged her marriage with an old man to keep me away from her." Uzair spoke with a distant look.

"I know all this right. That's what I'm saying. Tell her that you love her and make her feel special and I'm sure she will definitely fall in love with you one day." He again tried to make him understand.

"You do not understand Atif. My point is that if dada jaan can read my eyes and find out the swirling love for her, why can't she?" Uzair sounded desperate.

"So its final that you wouldn't say a word to her unless she comes to you and say 'my sartaj I'm deeply, madly, crazily in love with you, please accept my love my darling husband'. But let me tell you eishal would never do that." Atif was irritated at his stubbornness.

He didn't respond on his blabbering and concentrated on the file in his hand.

Atif huffed annoyingly and started scrolling his phone.

 ***

Eishal's face was drenched in tears but a beautiful smile was playing on her lips.

She ran back to her room and bolted it before falling on her bed. Her eyes were  tightly shut and her lips stretched in an enchanting smile, her cheeks painted red, her heart beating unusually.

"So Mr. Uzair Ali Shah, you are in love with Eishal Ibrahim all along. How stupid of me to think that you hated me." She mumbled and hide her face in her palm remembering their previous encounters in a different perspective.

"But Mr Uzair Ali Shah I'm more stubborn than you. I will make you confess your feeling soon. Be ready." She addressed Uzair in her mind with a attitude and at that a jingling laugh escaped her lips, whilst her eyes twinkled at the thought of their beautiful future .

Asslam o alaikum and hello everyone

How r y'all?