18. Tangled threads

"Atif,you will go or not?" Uzair asked him finally getting bored because of the constant convincing session he had with Atif.

"You can't do this to me. I'm recently engagified." Atif whined.

"Engagified, that's a new word. Anyway you are just engagified so you can do this." Uzair made a point but Atif  didn't want to understand him instead he had a sullen expressions.

"You are so selfish. I haven't forgiven you for not picking my calls when my wife got kidnapped and I needed you the most. You are giving me one more solid reason to not forgive you."Uzair played the emotional card.

Atif looked ashamed at that and when Uzair stood up and sauntered towards the exit with angry and hurt expression ,Atif gave up saying. "Fine, I will go."

A threatening smile etched on Uzair's lips but hiding it smartly he faced Atif with serious look.

"Are you sure. "Uzair asked and Atif nodded with heavy heart.

Uzair and Atif when started their firm  ,they dreamt to make it worldwide and when they got the chance to open it's branch in Australia, the problem arises that who will lead this project. It would take two to three years to establish it there.

Uzair and Atif both were reluctant to go but Uzair succeeded in convincing Atif.

           ****‹*****›****

"Listen, I need to talk to you." Zubair was going somewhere when Isra called him.

"Sorry, I'm busy." He excused himself and walked out of the haweli swiftly.

Isra clenched her fist tightly. She met other cousins in the haweli as well and they all were nice to her but Zubair seemed distant from everything. She thought he might be introvert like her but his today's act changed her perception. "What an egoistic man." She thought loudly and marched towards her Nana Jaan's room.
She was trying to talk to him for so many days and he was escaping from her hold one way or other. And his behavior made her to take the decision she never wanted.

"Is there anything important you remembered your old grandfather for? "When she entered after the knock ,Zulfiquar Ali Shah surprisingly asked.

"Nana Jaan, I've decided." She softly spoke taking seat in front of him.

Zulfiquar Ali shah looked at her attentively and nodded Understandingly.

"I can't marry your grandson." She said and looked at him to see his reaction.

Fakhira begum was entering the room and hearing her she froze on her place for few seconds.

"May I know why?" He was sad to hear her decision but nonetheless masked his expression and asked her normally.

"My heart isn't ready." She said innocently and He sighed.

"It's alright." He said and smiled at her which didn't reach his eyes.

Fakhira begum came to her and gestured her to go. Nodding she went out. She didn't like that because of her, her grandfather was upset.

"I should've taken a little more time. Maybe Zubair is busy for the election compaign that's why he didn't listen me." She whispered and sauntered towards her room with heavy heart and  slumped shoulders.

****‹*****›****

"Why can't we stay here more, even my classes are off." Eishal questioned him unhappily.

She was happy in the haweli.She liked to spend her time with everyone specially with her mother in law.

"I've work." He answered her busily, his fingers busy typing swiftly something on the keyboard and his glassed eyes focused on the screen.

"I'll be here till my classes restart. You can go." She declared her decision and stood from the sofa. She always wanted his undivided attention specifically when she was talking to him and when she didn't get it ,her mood becomes sore.

Before she could take a step ahead, her wrist was in a strong grip. She was angry on him so not speaking anything she twisted her wrist to free it.
Finally giving up she huffed defeatedly and sat down beside him.

"What?"She snapped at him who was now attentively looking towards her.

"If you will be here, who will take care of me."He almost whispered, gazing her lovingly, whilst his thumb was busy caressing her wrist.

"You have an army of servants." She said saving herself from melting by his captivating gaze and charming smile.

He laughed heartily at her answer and put his lips on her forehead lovingly and whispered in her ear.

"My army of servants can follow my order but they can't take care of me because they are not my wife."

She sighed knowing well that she can't deny this charming of a man.

"OK, but now leave me I have to pack." She said now squirming in his arms.

"Do it later." He lazily said and put his chin on her shoulder ,sniffing the specific enthralling smell of her hair  and taking in the peace her nearness bestow upon him.

She gave and relaxed in his arms as it was the best place for her to be in this world.

****«*****»****

At dinner, Isra's decision was declared officially, for a second Zubair stilled in his place and before anyone could notice, he resumed eating.

Isra looked at her parents to know there call on her decision but they had a poker face. She sighed inaudibly and resumed eating whilst ignoring Ifza's constant nudge on her side.

Hamna was looking at her and Zubair respectively whilst busy thinking something.

****«*****»****

"Atif Bhai, you have ten minutes only." Eishal said before sending Atif in Hadiya's room.Atif went away grimacing.

Atif wanted to meet Hadiya before leaving for Australia but he was afraid to go in Hadiya's house and meet her because after their engagement Yawar always seems to postmortem him through his eyes which was scary for him. So he decided to take Uzair's help and because of him Hadiya was in Uzair's house where he was alloweded by Eishal to meet her for only ten minutes.

He entered her room after knocking, with his heart pounding in his ear.

Hadiya was unaware of all this planning and so she was laying in her bed carelessly whilst busy turning pages of some magazine.

Hearing the knock, she permitted thinking it might be Eishal.

Atif had to cough to gain her attention.

She abruptly turn and Atif presence made her petrified and she started gaping like fish without water.

Asslamoalaikum and hello everyone

Hope u guys are doing well