16. Tangled threads

Azam was escorted to the mardaankhana, when he introduced himself to the gatekeeper.

“I want to meet my wife.” Azam said as soon he saw a man whose features were resembling his wife.

“Your wife?”Abbas looked at him quizzically.

“Faria Azam Sherwani.” He confidently stated.

“Abbas offered him a glass of water and narrated him everything.

With each passing second Azam was near to lose his sanity.

“Tell me the address and I will also go.” Azam was not happy hearing that they have sent only two people to fight that Durrani.

“The policemen are on their way. They will handle everything.” Abbas confidently said.

“No ,they can't.”An unfamiliar voice echoed in the mardaankhana.

“I'm Azhar Durrani.” He spoke and took seat beside Azam and scrutinized his gaze on him.

“You are one lucky man.” He humourlessly laughed.

“Anyway,I have a plan if you want to really save them.” He addressed none specifically.

“And why do you think that we will trust you.” Abbas said and Azam modded affermatively.

“Because you don't have any option.” Azhar spoke and his demeanour said that he wasn't lying.

****★****★****

“This says you are withdrawing your participation from the coming election.” Durrani spoke when he saw them spellbounded.

Uzair wanted to break his face but Zubair held his hand and said “Bring the ladies out .Hand me them and I'll sign this.”

Durrani gestured to his man and soon enough they saw the two ladies coming towards them with slow step followed by two men pointing gun on their heads.

Eishal's eyes teared up seeing Uzair there.
Uzair was furious seeing her and faria in that predicament but held himself back for their safety.

“No deception my friend . Sign these paper and take them.” Durrani said with humourless lough.

Zubair nodded and signed those papers.

He was on the last page when the firing echoed in that old building , freezing him on his place. The pen slipped from his hand and he looked up with wide eyes.

“You think you will involve police in this matter and I won't know.” Durrani's sinister laugh echoed in that old building.

“Baba ,please don't do anything to them. They will kill me.” His laugh ceased when he heard a familiar voice.

He looked towards the entrance and saw Azam sherwani holding Azhar Durrani' with his collar and pointing the gun on his heart with other.

“Tell them to throw aside the guns.” Azam spoke with authority and soon enough on Durrani's gesture his men threw the gun aside.