Chapter Seven

Fortunately, Peia was not left by herself outside for long, as Leo soon came to join her after his discussion with Colt. 

"Is everything okay, Peia?" he asked her. 

"What do you think?" Peia remarked, wandering past him. 

"Wait, what happened?" Leo asked. He was a devoted friend, and even if Peia seemed to be a little off, he was still going to be there for her. She was the only other Tuldrox he knew about right now, he held onto that important matter firmly.

 "I'm sorry, Leo. I think I just need a breather," Peia admitted. 

"Again, what happened? Sorry, I don't mean to pry," Leo added. 

So, Peia sat down on the bench outside, and Leo sat beside her. 

After a few moments, Peia plucked up the courage to say the words out loud.

"I think Dana and I are over," she said. 

While Leo made sure to console Peia, back inside the base it appeared that Peia and Dana were not the only ones having relationship problems. 

"Nova told me that she was worried about you today," Colt stated. 

Aurora turned to him then with an expression of curiosity across her features, so Colt went on to explain the fact that she thought that he was going to break her heart. 

"Nova cares a lot about me, that's all," Aurora said. 

"Yeah, but I still want to know," Colt replied. 

"Know what?" Aurora asked. 

"Whether you're jealous," Colt stated. 

"Don't give me anything to be jealous of," Aurora replied nonchalantly. 

"Is this about Peia?" Colt asked. 

Aurora sighed. 

"So you know what's happening with that, Peia and I are just-" Colt cut off. 

"Whatever, Colt. It's whatever," Aurora stated. 

"You're being jealous for no reason," Colt said with some judgement in his tone then. 

Aurora's eyes narrowed at him, but she took a deep breath. 

"Okay. Get out," Aurora said, "I need to get ready for training," she stated, deciding to not pay attention to the bickering between them. She pleaded in her head for it to end. 

Colt just gave a nod, and headed out into the hall where he found Leo, who had just returned from his talk with Peia. 

"Trouble in paradise?" Leo acknowledged that something had just occurred between Colt and Aurora, but he wasn't going to question it too much. "We should go get some work-" 

"On it," Colt stated, as he headed past him and out of the base. 

Outside, Colt caught sight of a ring glider, a new evolution of bird, flying over head. Its red-peppered wings expanded out far on either side of it. It wasn't much, but the act of seeing it glide above distracted him for a short while. Essentially, he was kicking himself over walking out on Aurora without fully fixing the tension that had occurred between them, but for now, he knew he needed to focus on his work with Leo. The two of them were surveying outside of Dana's base still in search of more components and parts that could have come from the Tuldrox ship, and thus far Leo had found an axe, that had been proven to be Tuldroxi by Dana. As such, this gave a clue as to whether there were more Tuldrox that just hadn't been discovered yet...