Chapter Fifteen

Later that evening, Colt went to find Leo, after his brief meeting with Dana, in which he had found out that they would soon be going to the city in order to see Lani. He eventually found leo sat in his room reading through a book on the cosmos. 

"Knock knock," he said. 

"Oh no it's you," Leo joked. 

"It is indeed, sorry," Colt replied with a small smirk. 

"Not everything is alright with you, is it?" Leo asked him then. 

"What do you mean?" Colt retorted. 

"You have that expression on your face," Leo said. 

Colt just ran a hand through his hair then and sighed. 

"Aurora?" Leo asked. 

"Peia," Colt replied, "Well, yes, Aurora, too." 

It was then that Colt decided to tell Leo everything, from the matter of Peia having kissed him and his subsequent rejection of her advances, to still having feelings for Aurora and not knowing what to do with them after she had broken things off with him. Leo just exhaled as he looked thoughtfully towards his friend. 

"You'll work things out," he stated. 

"Do you think so?" 

"If all goes to hell, you could always date me," Leo said with a small smirk. 

Colt just rolled his eyes. 

"I mean, that was always in the picture," he replied. 

Leo just let out a gentle chuckle at that. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Leo," Colt told him, as he was getting tired. 

"See you then," Leo stated. 

Colt was about to leave but Leo spoke again, causing him to pause. 

"Wait, Colt," he started. 

Colt turned back to him. 

"Yeah?" 

"Perhaps you should just be honest with Aurora about how you feel about her," he said. 

Colt knew that Leo was right, but he just gave a small gesture of acknowledgement before he walked out of Leo's room and down the hall to his own. 

The next morning, Leo was sitting in the main dining hall typing up notes on the weapon that had been crafted, when Nova walked in and sat down opposite him. 

"Hey Dork," she said. 

He looked up to her, then, and smiled. 

"Hey Noves," he replied. He took in her whole look then and smiled, because it was so authentically Nova. She had golden planet earrings on, which contrasted well against her silver hair, which was beginning to grow longer. Her bright eyes were more defined by the shimmering silver on her lids. After a short while, though, he reminded himself that staring was wrong and dragged his eyes away from her. 

Shortly thereafter, before Nova could joke about Leo's current awkwardness which,believe her, she was picking up on, Peia entered the room. 

"Hey beautiful," she said, as she pulled Nova into a quick hug before sitting down across from the two of them, with breakfast on hand. 

Leo just regarded them for a moment with curiosity before he went back to typing away at the computer in front of him. 

"Yo Lee, how's the work coming along?" Peia asked him, as she gave him a grin, her teeth gleaming as she did so.