Chapter Thirty

Mars had only been back at the base a couple days, but the next morning after Lani, Jeremy and Thea had headed back home, he made it his mission to get to better know the other people at the sanctuary. He decided that it would make the most sense to go and speak with the person who had brought him back to the base first of all. So, he wandered through the base to find Aurora sitting in the main dining hall.

He went to sit down opposite her.

"Hey violet-locks," Mars said with a grin.

Aurora looked up to him then with a half-smile for a moment. After all, while Peia had her own quirks and charms it appeared that Mars did, too.
She simply rolled her eyes at him, though, knowing not to fall for it. However, she had to say that having Mars at the base was helpful in allowing her to take her mind off the sadness that everyone was experiencing after Albi had solemnly been taken away from them.

She knew that Dana was already beginning to work with Lani and Colt to build a statue in his memory.

"You ever going to use my actual name?" she asked him.

"Maybe one of these days...Ah, now, time for breakfast," Mars said, as he grabbed a flask out of his pocket.

Aurora knew the scent all to well, so she quickly grabbed it off of him.

"Hey! What was that for?" Mars enquired.

"Are you seriously going to try to act as though you're not drinking starseed brew right now?" Aurora asked him, knowing that the drink was commonly used to allow Galaveri people to get drunk.

"I take what I can get," Mars stated.

Aurora just sighed.

"Where did you even get this?" she asked him.

"The star craft that Dana and I stole had a pretty good supply," Mars admitted.

Aurora couldn't help but simply shake her head in disbelief.

"You're not having this back," Aurora told him.

Mars simply sighed.

"Can you be serious for a moment, someone died?"

Mars expression became more sardonic, then.

"Indeed," he replied.

Leo soon headed into the room to distract from the slightly darkened mood that had become apparent between the two Galavers.

Mars had not got the chance to introduce himself to Leo previously, so he took that chance now.

"Hello Leo," Mars said. "I believe I should introduce myself. I'm-"

"Mars. Peia told me," Leo said.

"Ah well I suspect you haven't heard the best of things," Mars stated.

"up until this point I didn't know that Peia had a rivalry with anyone but...She really took your ex, huh?" Leo asked, with subtle amusement in his gaze.

"That she did...I don't want to talk about it," Mars said then as he adjusted his black jacket a little. "I'll be fine. I'm just glad to have a food source other than the squirrels in the forest," he stated.

Aurora looked towards him then with widened eyes.

"I'm kidding. I'm a water form, we can create our own food," he stated then.

Aurora was fascinated to discover this but also aware of the fact that she had previously envied water forms for their ability to be able to create food at will. She had always considered it a magnificent ability.