19- You Blundering Idiot

I completely ignored Tamaki the rest of the night, going out of my way to ignore him in the morning as well by staying the night with Haruhi.  I rode in silence to Ouran with the other members of the host club, none of us in the right headspace to speak.

  When we arrived, all the girls went wild, but we just pushed on past them.  How the hell were they supposed to just shoulder this and go on with their duties?

  I changed into the same suit I wore yesterday and made my way downstairs for the start of the expo.  I slid into a chair beside Benio, who was cursing some poor kid out for tripping on her shoe.

  "Morning."  I said, yawning.  I felt like shit, and I clearly looked as bad as I felt. 

  "What happened to you?"  She asked, but her face held genuine concern.

  "I don't want to talk about it."  I whispered, choking back tears.  "It's not something I can talk about yet."

  "Its not just you, all those host club dolts have been on edge today.  Our darling Haruhi practically tripped over herself walking two steps.  And those twins haven't been little devils at all yet!"  She exclaimed, thinking aloud.  "Did something happen last night?"

  "No, everything's fine.  We're just working through some stuff."  I glanced around the room, trying to search out Kyoya or Haruhi, someone I could talk to.  I found them standing together, Eclair sitting in a chair beside them.  Kyoya walked off and left Haruhi sitting with Eclair by herself.  I rushed over to him, practically grabbing his coattails to get his attention.  "Whats going on?  Why did you leave Haruhi with her?"

  "Eclair has decided to fully pay off Haruhi's debt.  Starting today, she no longer has to be part of the host club."   He said, busying himself with a tea pot.

  "Well there won't be a host club for her not to be in if we don't fix this!  This is all my fault."

  "No it's not."  He said, turning to face me.  "Y/n, you had a choice to make.  Either way, something bad always comes out of your grandmothers bidding.  You have me, and I love you, isn't that enough?"

  "No Kyoya.  This is wrong!  She shouldn't be pitting our family against each other!  I gained you, but what did you get?  What did Tamaki get?  You both lost your club- your family, all because I couldn't-"  I bit my lip.  "Because I couldn't take responsibility."

  He wrapped me in a hug.  "Why don't you go find out where he is?  Maybe you can knock some sense into that idiot."

  "Go talk to Haruhi."  I said softly, glancing over at the table.  "She needs to hear something from us."

  I scanned the room for Eclair, who had left Haruhi sitting alone at the table.  I found her standing by the dessert table, a glass of champagne in her hand.  "Excuse me, Miss Tonnerre?"  I spoke, stepping up beside her at the table.

  "Please, cal me Eclair!  After all, we're going to be sisters in law soon, right?"

  "Why are you doing this?"  I spoke sharply, glaring her down.

  "What do you mean?"  She asked, sipping her champagne without a care in the world.

  "Don't you fucking start with me."  I whispered, biting my cheek to keep from doing something I regretted.  "What did my grandmother promise you?"

  "I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.  Now if you'll excuse me, I must be packing."  She swept away before I could speak again.

  Mr. Ootori stepped past me, giving me a firm head nod.  "Y/n."