⠀⠀⁵ do your research, please

˒⠀S O T T . . . 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙳𝙸𝙸𝙰𝙲

●○○○○○○○○❛ 𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 TO THE 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑳𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑾, 𝑯𝑶𝑷𝑬 YOU'RE WEARINGYOUR 𝑩𝑬𝑺𝑻 CLOTHES

●○○○○○○○○
❛ 𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 TO THE 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑳
𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑾, 𝑯𝑶𝑷𝑬 YOU'RE WEARING
YOUR 𝑩𝑬𝑺𝑻 CLOTHES.

do your research, please! ━━ no

do your research, please! ━━ no. 005
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH. This topic frustrates me greatly, so bear with me while I try not to go on a tangent.

     The number of times I have read stories that contain inaccurate information on various topics such as simple science, mental illnesses, medications, physical injuries, doctors, and mental health psychologists is ridiculous. Not only are you somewhat, being ignorant by not bothering to do the proper research, but you are also preventing yourself from becoming more well-educated and aware of how you portray various elements in your stories. In some instances, I've even seen writers reinforce the negative stereotypes and prejudices they preach passionately about being against.

     As someone who struggles with various mental illnesses, there is nothing more insulting than reading a book written by someone you adore who inaccurately portrays mental illness and reinforces the negative connotations that some illnesses are associated with. If you can update on Wattpad by using the Internet or your data, then I damn well know you can go on a search engine and do proper research.

     It doesn't take long, and you don't need to go too in-depth. Just do at least some research that will provide you with the basic knowledge of what it is you're talking about and use it as either a plot device or obstacle in your story. However, if you feel that you could insult someone or give an inadequate representation of a particular topic, either don't write about it or find someone with the knowledge you need. I am always open to answering questions and pride myself on being someone who researches in their free time, so I have a lot of random knowledge that could be useful to some of you. Don't hesitate to contact other people for assistance on a topic.

     Also, by doing research, you can develop stronger storylines for your characters, ground your story, and find ways to incorporate that research to better the quality of your storytelling.

     My bottom line is this: do your research. Don't be an ass, and don't be ignorant. Educate yourself.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

❛ YOU 𝑪𝑨𝑵'𝑻 𝑩𝑹𝑰𝑩𝑬 THE DOOR
ON 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑾𝑨𝒀 TO THE 𝚂𝙺𝚈.
○○○○○○○○●

 ❜○○○○○○○○●