⠀⠀¹⁷ writing facial features

˒⠀S O T T . . . 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙳𝙸𝙸𝙰𝙲

●○○○○○○○○❛ 𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 TO THE 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑳𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑾, 𝑯𝑶𝑷𝑬 YOU'RE WEARINGYOUR 𝑩𝑬𝑺𝑻 CLOTHES

●○○○○○○○○
❛ 𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 TO THE 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑳
𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑾, 𝑯𝑶𝑷𝑬 YOU'RE WEARING
YOUR 𝑩𝑬𝑺𝑻 CLOTHES.

writing facial features! ━━ no

writing facial features! ━━ no. 017
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     IN SOME OF MY BOOKS, I HAVE BEEN COMPLIMENTED ON THE WAY I DESCRIBE EYES, FACIAL FEATURES, AND BEHAVIOR IN MY CHAPTERS. A lot of people like the way I describe the physical (and primarily facial) features of my characters and often question how they can get better at describing them. So, I have decided to dedicate an entire chapter to explaining how to describe facial features, my tips, and advice I have gathered through my own personal research over the years! As well as a master list of physical descriptions that have been proven to be helpful for hundreds of authors!

     ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ⸝⸝ ⇗
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀→ ⺌ This list comes from Bryn Donovan. Credit for this portion goes to them. Disclaimer: I have added my own words, advice, and paraphrased sections of the article.

          When well-executed, character description can be helpful in the illustrations of a character in a reader's mind. However, sometimes when you're in the midst of writing, it can be hard to think of physical adjectives and distinguishing features for characters. So, this is a compiled list of physical descriptors that'll help when you're trying to think of how to describe a character's appearance.

          ╰─── 𝟬𝟭. Eyes. Large, small, narrow, sharp, squinty, round, wide-set, close-set, deep-set, sunken, bulging, protruding, wide, hooded, heavy-lidded, bright, sparkling, glittering, glistening, flecked, dull, bleary, watery, cloudy, red-rimmed, beady, birdlike, cat-like, jewel-like, steely, hard, fringed with long lashes, with sweeping eyelashes, and with thick eyelashes.