⠀⠀²⁵ how to write a good backstory

˒⠀S O T T . . . 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙳𝙸𝙸𝙰𝙲

○○○○●○○○○❛ JUST 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑷 YOUR CRYING,IT'S A 𝑺𝑰𝑮𝑵 OF THE 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬𝑺

○○○○●○○○○
❛ JUST 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑷 YOUR CRYING,
IT'S A 𝑺𝑰𝑮𝑵 OF THE 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬𝑺.

how to write a good backstory! ━━ no

how to write a good backstory! ━━ no. 025
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     EVERY PERSON YOU SEE ON THE STREET, AT SCHOOL, AND AT WORK, HAS A STORY. And it's a story you'll probably never hear in its entirety. You might catch part of it if you get to know them or hear fragments of their story through a mutual friend.

     Regardless, we all have a story that is a cumulation of our past, present, and future. And most times, after hearing someone's story, we start to see that person in a new light because we suddenly understand why they act the way they do and why they make the decisions that they make. This then leads to you beginning to care more for them and growing invested in their lives in a way you weren't before. By listening to them, you've come to understand their inner struggle — the emotional drive that dominates their story.

     Every person, and every character, has deepfelt emotional struggles that drive their actions. The key to writing characters that are both captivating and relatable is to identify that struggle and share it with the readers through that character's actions.

     A character backstory — the past events and formative experiences that shape who your characters are — is key to creating characters of breadth and depth.

     So, for today's chapter, we're going to be focusing on how to write a good character backstory that is believable and realistic.

     ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘? ⸝⸝ ⇗
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀→ ⺌ This section is inspired by Now Novel and Master Class articles. Credit for this portion goes to them. Disclaimer: I have added my own words, advice, and paraphrased sections of the article.