Chapter 4

"Joonie, what are you talking about? What did you see?" Eunjin cautiously moved forward to crouch in front of Namjoon.

"It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter." Namjoon repeated those words over and over again.

Jungkook looked at Nari and frowned. Her eyes were closed, so he listened carefully for a heartbeat or breathing. Her breaths were labored, and he sighed when he heard the familiar thump within her chest.

"Maybe we should put Namjoon to bed," Sofia said quietly. "Let the two of them rest. Something must have been very wrong with that vision. I've never seen a prophet respond in that way."

Ana and Sofia carefully guided Namjoon to his room. Amarian stood in the doorway and watched Jungkook and Eunjin talk above Nari. His mind was spinning with different theories and ideas. No, nothing was right. He considered the possibility that there was a creature within the land of the Phoenix that held some sort of power that could heavily affect a prophet's visions. In order to understand that though, he'd need Nari to show him what she saw.

"Eunjin," he called to out. Eunjin looked away from Jungkook. "Inform me when Nari wakes up please."

Eunjin nodded her head and turned back to continue her hushed discussion with Jungkook. Amarian turned to walk towards the parlor, but he was stopped by Taehyung.

"Amarian, I have a question." Taehyung seemed hesitant, and Amarian motioned for him to continue. "What do you know about destined ones dying?"

"What do you mean?" The question confused Amarian, and he was worried by what Taehyung actually meant.

"Well, we are never taught anything about being destined to someone. It just happens, and we go along with it. But what happens when the one you are destined to dies?"

Amarian nodded along with Taehyung's explanation, but he stopped abruptly. He looked at Taehyung's eyes and noticed the exhaustion laced along his lower lids. He gripped Taehyung's wrist and frantically asked, "What is happening to you?"

Taehyung slowly opened his mouth but closed it again. He listened for anyone was eavesdropping, and he sighed in relief when the only ones in earshot were Eunjin and Jungkook, but they weren't even paying attention.

"I see Daliania. She's everywhere I go constantly lurking out of the corner of my eye. She comes to me in the day and just watches me. I can't sleep. What is happening?"

Amarian pursed his lips. "The one you are destined to changes. There's a process of letting go you must go through." He gripped Taehyung's wrist tighter. "You cannot stay in this limbo for too long, Taehyung."

Taehyung didn't say anything else because Jungkook was coming down the hall. He looked at the other vampire who had worry lines across his brow. "Where's Eunjin?" he asked.

"She's with Nari." Jungkook ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Amarian, what do you know?"

"I'm not sure yet. I will know more once I am able to see her vision."

Jungkook only nodded at this before turning to Taehyung. "Eunjin needs you."

Taehyung quickly darted away leaving Amarian and Jungkook alone in the hall. It was obvious Jungkook needed rest, but Amarian knew better than to suggest it. How could he rest when he didn't know what was happening to Nari? Amarian wouldn't be able to rest if it was Ana in that position, but he wouldn't tell anyone that.

"Jungkook, I've heard whispers from the prophet elders that Nari and Namjoon are going to be held solely responsible for the downfall of the twins. Along with them being half breeds, it's not going to take much to have them knocking on your doors for their heads."