Chapter 05: Being Slandered

On the other side, the reluctant screenwriter was being pulled to the side by Zhang Chao to see Sheng Xing Ze's performance today.

"Honey, let me tell you, Sheng Xing Ze absolutely meets all conditions to be your Su Jin Mu..."

Zhang Chao had been praising Sheng Xing Ze nonstop all the way here; he could not help but to describe the other as the epitome of perfection.

The screenwriter frowned as she listened on, for the first time she let him go on.

She personally did not like Sheng Xing Ze. When they first casted Sheng Xing Ze, she was very optimistic about him, because there was no other person like him. Sheng Xing Ze's image was really in line with Su Jin Mu's character.

Someone who had been living in a good life, an unspoiled childish look on his face, and a natural sense of youth that not many actors have. And Su Jin Mu had such an image, with exquisite looks and ancient spirits, full of mischievous ideas, but people cannot hate him.

However, Sheng Xing Ze's performance at the audition was really bad; apart from this face, the screenwriter could not find a reason to keep him.

She and Zhang Chao did not have any children. Su Jin Mu was the ideal of a son in her heart. When she wrote "Xing Lan," she devoted all her love to this character, even exceeding the protagonist Bai Xing Lan.

From the beginning, she made it clear that she did not want Sheng Xing Ze to play the role of Su Jin Mu, but the funding that Sheng Xing Ze could bring to them was indeed an essential part of their movie.

She knew that in Zhang Chao's heart, "Xing Lan" was not just another fairy fantasy movie, but he wanted "Xing Lan" to become a milestone in the development of special effects in Chinese costumes.

So even if Sheng Xing Ze did not fit her image of Su Jin Mu, she finally compromised. It was not only her wish but the whole team's wish to make this movie well.

Since the decision was made on Su Jin Mu's actor, the screenwriter had worked overtime and changed the script several times, in order to enable Sheng Xing Ze to perform in Su Jin Mu's character well under the condition of zero acting skill needed. Although the final script did not meet her expectation, it was already the best she could do.

Everything had been developing very well, with Sheng Xing Ze's acting still as terrible, but the shooting effect was barely satisfactory.

Since yesterday, Zhang Chao had been praising Sheng Xing Ze's acting skill, and even proposed to have Sheng Xing Ze take on more scenes of Su Jin Mu.

This was unbearable for a screenwriter.

As a screenwriter, she did not need to be on the set all the time, so she did not get to see the perfect shot that Zhang Chao had been going on about.

She believed that perhaps Sheng Xing Ze's acting skill made some progress, but she did not believe that Sheng Xing Ze could really perform Su Jin Mu's character beyond her expectation.

Even if Zhang Chao praised the other as an epitome, the screenwriter still had no hope for Sheng Xing Ze's acting skill.

But when she took a look at the shot in the camera, all her previous prejudices disappeared instantly.

Su Jin Mu was like a character tailor-made for Sheng Xing Ze. The smile of the teenager in the camera satisfied all of her imaginations. Perhaps, the character Su Jin Mu was once just a haze in her heart, but now this haze had been dispelled. The face belonging to Su Jin Mu was becoming clearer by the second. This face was not only belonging to Su Jin Mu, but also belonging to Sheng Xing Ze.