Chapter 09: Little Bunny

Sheng Xing Ze gave Yu Bai a strange look, not understanding what he meant by his lips being sealed; however, Yu Bai did not have the desire to explain, he only responded casually and did not think much about it.

Yu Bai had been walking two or three steps behind Sheng Xing Ze, with hands insides his trousers' pockets walking casually along the way; one after another women's apparel store passed by his eyesight, his mind immediately chose out a few outfits that would look good on Sheng Xing Ze.

His eyes glanced over store after store and then they landed on a row of flashing light UFO machines not far away...

The exquisitely crafted dolls lied neatly in the UFO machine, obviously they were being professionally arranged this way.

Yu Bai's eyes were fixed on the big stuffed animal at the back of the row of UFO machines--a white fluffy chubby bunny; its whole body was like a little snowball, black bean big eyes and playful three-petal mouth only accounted for a small part of its face; such a ball-shaped bunny had a pair of disproportionately long legs, but putting them together, they created such adorable stuffed animal.

Yu Bai's eyes were attracted to it without a doubt, he motionlessly stared at it.

Even though his appearance seemed to be polite and mature, he actually had this indescribable love for fluffy items. This was a secret that Yu Bai had been burying all these years, aside from him, there was no second person to know about it; even his closet assistant would know nothing about it.

Although his family had repeatedly emphasized that there is nothing wrong with having a hobby and every hobby has its value in existence, Yu Bai always felt that this is a trait that he should not have, at least not in front of other people.

Over the years, he had suppressed his love for fluffy things and dared not to let others know; at most he just looked at it a second longer but he had never made other obvious behaviors.

But this bunny had really grabbed onto his weak point, Yu Bai had never felt such a strong desire to own such a toy...

Perhaps Yu Bai's eyes were too obvious. When passing the row of UFO machines, Sheng Xing Ze suddenly stopped.

"Do you like it?" He saw Yu Bai had been staring at the back of the UFO machines for a long time. This expression appeared on Yu Bai's face for the first time, he could not help being surprised. He did not expect Yu Bai to have such a girly hobby.

Seeing that they were about to pass the UFO machines, he knew Yu Bai would not open his mouth to say anything.

His secret almost got found out, yet his face did not change expression and heartlessly denied the fact, as if the person who just turned his eyes to stare at the bunny was not him.

Sheng Xing Ze chuckled and decided to not tease the other anymore. After he had purchased the coins, he acted like he accidentally stopped in front of an UFO machine, Yu Bai's eyes were filled with surprise and expectation staring at the coins.

"I suddenly feel like playing," He placed the basket of coins in Yu Bai's hand and then stood professionally in front of the UFO machines. He put in some coins, adjusted the claw, and pressed the button.

Yu Bai pretended to unwillingly stand next to Sheng Xing Ze in front of the UFO machine, yet his eyes were focusing on the movements of the other's hands while turning to stare intensely at the redempted plush bunny inside the grand prize box.

The coins in the basket slowly decreased, and the number of plushies they obtained increased. He watched Sheng Xing Ze successfully grabbing plushies one by one, Yu Bai could not help but feel anxious.

Sheng Xing Ze counted the plushies in his hands, just enough to redeem the grand prize rabbit that Yu Bai had been wanting; he put the extra coins back into the basket and took the plushies to the service desk.

Yu Bai waited until he went far away, only now he crept up to the machine that Sheng Xing Ze had just used. He also wanted to see if the plushie was easy to grab.

However, when Sheng Xing Ze returned with the staff, Yu Bai had run out of the last coin yet he was not able to grab even one plushie. He could not bear to leave the bunny, so he was thinking of forgetting about his image and was about to buy another basket of coins.

The staff opened the cupboard to take out Yu Bai's coveted bunny and put it into Sheng Xing Ze's hands. Sheng Xing Ze thanked him and walked back to Yu Bai's side with the bunny; without a doubt, he saw the other's eyes staring intensely at the bunny.

"I can give it to you if you like," Sheng Xing Ze curved up his lips, touched the bunny's furry ears and generously handed the bunny over.

"I don't like it."

Yu Bai withdrew his stare and strode towards the parking lot.

Along the way, Sheng Xing Ze hugged the bunny proudly, deliberately twisted the ears in front of Yu Bai, pinched the paws while praising how good it feels to hug it.

Yu Bai felt his fingers itching for touch, he kept his head to stare outside the car window, peeking at the bunny in Sheng Xing Ze's arms from the reflection on the glass.

When they were about to separate on their own way, Sheng Xing Ze stuffed the bunny into Yu Bai's arms.

"I'm going home tomorrow. I'm afraid that it will be lonely in the hotel by itself. Help me look after it."

Yu Bai took the bunny with an irritated face, held it by the ears and reluctantly accepted the duty.

When he returned to his room and closed the door behind him, making sure that he was outside of outsiders' eyes. Yu Bai slowly hugged the bunny in his arms. A handsome face was buried in the soft white hair of the stuffed animal, rubbing on it like what Sheng Xing Ze did. He squeezed its claw and rubbed its ears, this feeling was so good.

This was the first time he had actually played with a plush toy in such a close and upright manner.

Yu Bai played with the bunny for a while, then he reluctantly put it on the bed, covered it under the quilt intimately, and entered the bathroom.

Even in the shower, Yu Bai's mind was full of the chubby and fluffy bunny.

When he walked out of the shower, one hand was drying his hair with a towel, while the other hand picked up his phone from the table. He turned to look at the bunny doll lying quietly on the bed; thinking for a moment, he then dialed Tao Yi Ning's number.

"Leak Yuan Xiu's stuff on the Internet."

Tao Yi Ning expected Yu Bai would say these words. Since Yuan Yuan told her that Yu Bai actually slipped out to go shopping with Sheng Xing Ze in the afternoon. Tao Yi Ning knew that Yu Bai would definitely help Sheng Xing Ze. It was the first time in many years that Yu bai had shown such great interest in another artist. It seemed that she should be nice to Sheng Xing Ze in the future.

If Yu Bai were to hear her inner voice, he would tell her without hesitation: I do this for the bunny. However, his mind was now full of the cute bunny. He took out his diary from the drawer: Today, I've harvested a cute little thing.

Yu Bai drew a few strokes in an attempt to record this meaningful little bunny in his diary, but his drawing skill was quite limited, so he gave up the idea. He began to read the script with one arm around the bunny while the corners of his lips had been arching up into a smile.

---