Chapter 32: Birthday Gift

Sheng Xing Ze and the original owner's birthday are on the fifth day of the New Year. According to the custom, the New Year's fifth day is the day to welcome the God of Wealth.

In his previous life, Sheng Xing Ze's father was not happy with his mother; therefore, Sheng Xing Ze had never had an actual birthday celebration since he was born. When his mother was still alive, she would secretly prepare a small cake for Sheng Xing Ze. However, after his mother passed away, no one in the house remembered his birthday; even he himself did not take his birthday to heart.

The original owner and Sheng Xing Ze are having completely different fates. Father Sheng's business had developed rapidly in the year the original owner was born. He and Mother Sheng have always believed that their son is a lucky star coming to their lives.

On the fifth day today, Father Sheng and Mother Sheng did not wake up Sheng Xing Ze who was still asleep, so by the time he woke up, it was almost noon.

Sheng Xing Ze rubbed his eyes and came downstairs. His morning voice was quite soft when he first woke up, "Mom, Dad, why didn't you wake me up?"

Usually, Mother Sheng could not wait to wake him up at six o'clock, but today was quite different.

Yu Bai was having a great conversation with Sheng Xing Ze's parents in the living room, when he saw the young man go downstairs, the three of them stopped talking.

I must be seeing things, how can Yu Bai be here?

Sheng Xing Ze blinked and patted his face again, then found that Yu Bai was still sitting on the sofa, looking at him with a smile.

"What's the matter with you child? Yu Bai has been waiting for you a long time." Mother Sheng pretended to scold him, stood up and rubbed Sheng Xing Ze's head, "Hurry and wash up, it's time for lunch."

Sheng Xing Ze had already finished his morning routine as soon as he got up. He lowered his head and touched his stomach, he could clearly feel his stomach was growling in hunger.

"Why are you here?" He turned to Yu Bai, wondering, "New Year greeting?"

Yu Bai handed him a box, "Happy Birthday, congratulations on entering the thirty team."[1]

Sheng Xing Ze was stunned for a moment. He had long forgotten about his own birthday. The box in front of him was the first birthday gift that he had received in so many years.

He took the box with a smile, weighing the box by shaking it, tossing it up and down to try to guess what it could be, "Thank you, what's inside?"

Yu Bai smiled mysteriously, "You will know when you open it tonight, it definitely is to your likings."

Sheng Xing Ze took Yu Bai to his room, "How do you know my birthday?"

"I accidentally saw the information you submitted when you auditioned." Yu Bai's tone sounded like he was talking about the most casual thing ever.

He would never admit that he specifically asked the director for the information in order to give Sheng Xing Ze a gift, and he was able to get the gift in time for Sheng Xing Ze's birthday.

"Really?" Sheng Xing Ze always kept a skeptical attitude towards Yu Bai's words, because his impression of the man's arrogant nature was quite deep.

"You think I would specifically check on it?"

"I think it's very likely." Sheng Xing Ze looked thoughtful.

Yu Bai tapped on Sheng Xing Ze's head, "Narcissist."