26 ~ Our fans

Wedlock by Fate has finally crossed 100k reads! It's current reads are 104K 🙈. My first general fiction (romance category) has achieved this benchmark. And the credit goes to all the readers who chose to read this book. I'm grateful to all of them. I love you all😘 Virtual hugs and kisses to all those reading this book now😘🤗🤗😘

This chapter is dedicated to BinduvardhaniKonurik

Now let's go back to the story 💞

Inline comments are ❤️

-Aranya Iyer-

It was a boring Friday afternoon. I was sipping coffee in the cafeteria when my phone buzzed. I had received a message from Stella who wanted to meet me a few minutes later. Grabbing my handbag and taking a last sip of the coffee I returned back to my cabin. Vihan was busy in some important meetings that he wanted to take care of prior to our departure.

"Hey Aranya what are you doing tonight after office?" She asked plopping down in the chair next to me.

"Um--"

"Leave I don't care what you're doing but tonight we're going to the pub!" Leyla barged in and pointed at the three of us.

Well, that bomb was dropped over me without any warning. It wasn't like I wouldn't love to spend time with them. But my problem was Vihan. Yesterday night before sleeping he asked me for a movie night that I hadn't yet agreed to. But today it was friends versus husband and I didn't know what to choose.

"Aranya you don't love us anymore!" Stella made a puppy face.

"Is there something cooking up between you and Vihan?" Leyla batted her eyelashes. She was a keen observer and my sudden disappearance at the lunch hour almost everyday made me an object of suspicion.

"No not at all! I'm coming with you guys!" I blurted out.

"Great then we'll pick you up at 7!" I nodded and resumed my work.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I changed into a burgundy coloured sphagetti strap one piece that ended just above my knees and wore hoop earrings and a bracelet as minimal accesories. Unconquered curls sprung loose on my shoulders.

Aranya's look

Aranya's look

I was engaged in decking me up when Vihan peeked in and his jaw dropped staring at my hour glass figure in the reflection.

"Are you done checking me out?" I quipped.

"I haven't yet told you about the venue and you're already ready." His Adam apple bobbed up and down as he entered our room drinking water.